Tuesday 31 May 2011

2 Way Radios - two-way family service radio, two-way radios


These radios are as good as you can get for this type of system. We used 4 of them for hunting in very dense bush, very hilly terrain. We could cover pretty decent area with these radios, but I wouldn't expect to go much more 1.5km between radios in extreme conditions like that. At home I can get over 3km in flatter, mostly treed area. These seem to be very good quality, and we are happy with them, as long as you understand the limits of this type of system, you'll be happy with these. If you want more range, you can get other models by midland that will rebroadcast, so each radio acts as a repeater. Good radios, good price. The wheather channel feature was nice to have while hunting as well. Midland GXT795VP4 36-Mile 42-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair)

I use them camping to keep track of my grand kids. I wanted a set that was water resistant for obvious reasons. I also wanted max range because I realize that the range drops as soon as any obstacles are in the way. The range of these units in the forest is about 1 mile. Good Product. Only downside, another product made in China.

Radios work well and I really like the charger feature. My hunting pal has had radios for years and what I have found out is that we had to pay close attention to the battery levels before heading into the woods as sometimes they would go dead. With the charger they are always fully charged and ready to go. Range isn't great in areas with lots of big hills but if it is flat they transmit a long way.

The price was great for a kit that has all the features that these radios came with.

I've always liked two-way radios. Many years ago, a friend and I wanted two-way communication, and all we could find were army surplus walkie talkies. When electronics went miniature, I got some Motorolas, but there was always something I didn't like about them.



With all the snow we've been having lately, I began looking for radios that also had the NOAA weather feature. I read a lot of reviews, and decided that Midland was the brand I wanted. After checking out several models, this looked like a good package. The price is reasonable, and it has built-in rechargeable batteries with a very nice charging stand. It even comes with a charger for use in a car.



The instruction book has a lot to explain, since these radios can do so much. Unfortunately, I guess Midland wanted to save money on the manual. The nineteen page booklet measures 3 1/2" X 4 1/2", and the type is about 2 mm high. When you get a radio with so many features, you want to make use of them, and for that, you have to know what buttons to push and when to push them.



Fortunately, you can go online at the Midland site and download an owner's manual and make it as large as you want on your screen, or print out the page or diagram you want.



Once you become familiar with this radio, you will be able to use it with ease. The sound quality is very good. I haven't tried long distance communication - just around the property, and that has worked fine.



One big negative is the combined earpiece/microphone. I don't know how they expect you to hook that thing onto a human ear. I would have prefered to pay a lower price and not have it included in the box. You could use regular earbuds for listening or else buy a better quality combo unit that will work with these radios. You must plug the microphone and speaker into separate holes.



Overall, I am happy to say I once again made a wise purchase.

Theses walkie talkies are amamzing. they fit my husbands and I's army/airsoft/mountainman lifestyle. Incredile range, and if you follow the instructions for the battery life, it really almost seems like they never die after the initial instructions. they fit perfectly to be molly clipped onto your hunting vests and its just a major bonus to get the stealth mode and also realy time weather reports. They are light weighted just enough and the perfect fit for all our adventures. we use evert excuse to use them. so incredibley awsome. also you can power these babys up in the truck just in case you out in the woods all week and still need them.

Midland GXT795VP4 radios arrived with a quickness. They were setup with the easy to follow instructions, and started using them two days later. They worked well with other similar radios and the weather monitoring is a plus.

These really do more than I would ever need, but they were very capable for a good price and with a higher capacity rechargeable battery, run circles around the cheap $20 FRS radios I got before. The cheap ones ate AAA batteries so quickly that they were just a nuisance. These are more durable, more capable, and are a lot more fun for a kid today than the cheap limited walkie talkies we had as kids.



Besides if you have redneck neighbors, you can probably hear them talking about their hunt, their trailer, their divorce, or all of the above. - Two-way Family Service Radio - Two-way Radios - Gmrs - 2 Way Radios'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information