Tuesday 31 May 2011

Canon Mp980 Printer


I know this OEM ink is expensive, but the quality of this ink can't be matched by the NONOEMS. If you care about the quality of your prints, this the way to go. I have used all kinds of after market products, and no matter what they claim about their quality, they just can't compare to oem. I also ended up with clogged print heads and at least 1 trashed printer. Photo output with this ink is gorgeous, and the color tones are just right. You also save a few bucks with this 4 pack. Canon CLI-221 4-Color Value Pack (Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) (2946B004) in Retail Packaging

I moved up to a MP620 from a previous Canon printer. While I'll admit with the previous post that the ink wells are smaller, but they also use less drops of ink than my older model and gives out a MUCH better picture. And if you install the software that comes with the MP620, it will pop up showing a low cartridge, then click the exclamation above the tank, it will give you the part number needed. You can even click the 'about ink' button and will give you a nice large printable list of the ink part numbers.

I'll admit I still use local print shops for large quantities of 4x6 images, but single 4x6 or any other I can print with very pleasing results.

NOTE: The Canon Photo print software gives a more true to life color than either Photoshop or Lightroom. I know something needs to be changed in the Adobe software, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Excellent product. I suggest to readers that you consider using OEM products for printers. I screwed up my Canon printer using an off brand. You may go for some years with no problems using off brands and save some heavy duty money and it will pay for itself. However, if your printer fails early on because of off brand you are a loser. I have a good printer and will just pay the extra dollars. Some of my off brands were empty. Some would not work and the last batch dorked up my printer for good.

So far it looks like the ink is lasting a bit longer than I thought it might based on other reviews of the MP980 printer and these ink tanks. I do a lot of Birthday and greeting cards. Some of the cards have quite a lot of graphics and it is still chugging along. My former printer had the printer head go bad due to my purchasing non-Canon ink which was supposed to work just as well. The printer head costs almost as much as the printer itself. It's just not worth going cheap. I really prefer Canon printers so I'll stick to their ink. At least they have separate inks for the 3 primary colors and two black tanks.

I use third party toner on my laser printer, but I don't want to use third party ink on my photo printer. I don't mind spending a bit extra on a quality print especially after I spend great deal of time taking and editing my photos. These inks do the best job. Period.



But let's be realistic. 10$ on a tiny plastic box of ink that won't last very long is bit too much. Digital photography let you take lot of pictures at relatively no cost, but when you want to print them, they seem to be far more expensive than printing film.

Well what could I say the 4 color pack is great love that you dont have to replace all ink cartridges at the same time you only have to replace what colors are needed to be replaced. That is a good feature Canon is known for that. Alot of other brands you have to replace all ink even when they are halfway full. Never have problems with Canon ink, never had any problems with any of Cannon products. Oh yeah almost forgot and it is so easy to replace each cartridge.

I do a monthly newsletter for a TOPS group, and use quite a lot of ink. I like my new Canon printer - model MP620 -- I find that ordering my supply from Amazon is the most practical way, plus I like the multi - packs available.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information