Tuesday 31 May 2011

17 Inch Laptop Bag - laptop backpack, 17 inch laptop bag


I purchased this item as a gift for a family member. When it first came we loved it. It was the perfect size for a 17 inch laptop and had plenty of room for papers and a book or two without being too bulky. There are a bunch of pockets for storing mp3 players, etc.



However, after less then 4 months of normal every-day use the shoulder strap is completely frayed and falling apart. It is still usable but it looks terrible - you can see the foam padding inside the strap. I'm really shocked that HP would put its name on a product of such poor quality. HP RU350AA Backpack Case for 17.0-Inch Notebooks

I purchased this bag because my current bag could not handle a Calculus book, a JAVA book, and a laptop. But this bag can hold it all!



--Now to let you know I usually hold the JAVA book, because it puts a strain on your back with this much weight.



It has so many compartments for all your laptop accessories, and protects the laptop amazingly, extremely well insulated and cushioned. Now, to let you know I have a 15" notebook and use it for it and not a 17". With my laptop it still has room for a 2" Calculus book and a .5" notebook (or a JAVA book [about 2"])



The laptop part of the bag has zippers with the ability to accommodate a lock for added security. I am very much enjoying my bag, and plan to get a great use out of it for years to come!

I did a lot of research on a lot of bags, backpacks and messenger bags. For the price this is a great bag. My Toshiba 355 with the 17" screen fit perfect in the padded slot that has a velcro strap to keep it in place. This backpack also has two other compartments for books and ect. Plenty of pockets, compartments and extras. Lot of backpack for a small price.

This bag is just what I needed! I have a 17in widescreen HP and it fits perfectly! Lots of room to spare in the other compartments and very easy on the back with lots of padding. The price was great! I also love the fact that unlike most backpacks the harness is all one piece and not sewn on! Very sturdy!

This item doesn't need a long review, it is just a damn good product for an even better price. That saying, "You get what you pay for" doesnt apply to this HP backpack. I'll make it easy for you, you cannot go wrong with this item. It manages to safely and easily hold my massive 17' Dell Precision M6400 workstation laptop, power supply and even has room for a few large books. This backpack serves its purpose well without making a dent in your pocket book.



Great Product.

I just returned the second one of this exact model. The first I had to replace after about 6 months as both of the shoulder straps were severely frayed and the partition between two of the sections was coming unstitched from the outer shell. The second I return after just one month as one of the shoulder straps was faulty and tended to fold/twist when worn. Perhaps I shouldn't have purchased this a second time, but I has such a difficult time finding a pack that fit my computer I went with this because I knew it would fit.

I received the bag in first week of December and it has been one week I have started using the bag.

The design is good and there are a lot of pockets. So you can put a lot of small things in an organized

way. But the stitch of the handle on top of the bag is not so strong. Since this is a 17" laptop bag, it

should be rugged enough to hold heavier load than usual. I am not so happy with this feature.

Update: April 25, 2011

I am happy that it still looks good.

Looks great, convenient compartments, but the one attribute where it is woefully inadequate is DURABILITY. I bought this thinking I would have it for at least a year or two & the darn thing started coming apart after a few months of use. The shoulder strap began to unravel, foam cushion spilling out the side. I sometimes carry a lot of paper for work in addition to my laptop, & I do often carry it using only one strap but come on...I would expect it to hold together for at least a year! I am now shopping for a new laptop backpack & I am willing to spend a little more this time for durability - I hate buying cheap crap that doesn't last under normal use conditions. Cheers! - Laptop Backpacks - Laptop Bag - 17 Inch Laptop Bag - Laptop Backpack'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information