Tuesday 31 May 2011

Belkin Router


Amazing router, works great!! My internet provider is Time Warner Cable Road Runner and with this router i get 10mbps with no problem, the setup is very EASY just plug the yellow cable(ethernet) to your modem and that's it belkin do the "magic", i have a PS3, Wii, 2 iPhones, 1 Blackberry, 1 Notebook and 1 iMac connected in my network and this router do a GREAT job!, really really buy this router, why pay 60 or 80Dlls for another router if this for 29.99 do a great job. Belkin N150 Wireless N Router (Latest Generation)

I bought this unit exactly one month ago. Since I used 3Com, D-Link before, I quickly set it up.



PROs:

-Easy installation;

-Easy configuration;

-Speed seems good.



CONs:

Two weeks after usage, the wireless network can't be connected from my iphone, g-tablet, laptop wifi, desktop wifi. Maybe it's my bad luck?



This issue happens once a week and every time I have to power it off to resolve.



My firmware version is v. 1000, 201109G1135490. Latest FW version from belkin site is version: 1.00.08. If it doesn't work out, I have to contact support.



P.S.: The original firmware is v.00.08. The wireless still fails once a week after flashing. I guess it's purely bad luck.

I bought this router after doing a little research and I must admit I was a little nervous as some reviewers had mentioned having great difficulty understanding the installation instructions. I have never been able to have a wireless that works on my computer. After numerous failed attempts with a d-link router, I decided to try the Belkin.



Boy am I glad I did! Installation took less that 5 minutes and was super easy to understand! Especially for this girl who does not know how to install anything related to electronics without calling my dad!!! I totally recommend this for people who are as electronically challenged as me, as they will be able to feel proud at installing it themselves!

I tore through the package, inserted the disk, plugged her in....POW. It couldn't have been 10 minutes when I had it up and running 5 devices. It didn't ask for IP adresses, or what devices to run... It just knew. I went to my neighbors house and tried everything I could to hack into my network, Belkin said NO.. Less wires, and I got to cancel extra IP adresses with my provider. Pays for itself in 2 months. ALL SMILES

This is one of the best routers that I've owned. The range is insane. I have my router set up in my living room which is downstairs in the far left corner of my house and I get full signal from my room upstairs in the top right corner of the house. It's incredible for the price. It also comes with a password that can't be easily guessed. Overall, I am very impressed. Definitely recommend!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information