Monday 30 May 2011

Droid Stand - body glove, droid


When I first got the case, I was really happy with it. It really secures the phone, gives it a heavier, more secure feel, and I felt better about shoving the phone in my pocket without worrying about it. It also alleviated the problem I was having with the droid's battery cover coming off in my pocket which was very annoying. There are also nice cutouts for the speaker, camera, charger, etc, and the phone slides open and closed with no problem. I really liked it at first.



Since then, though, there are two problems that are really bothering me about it.



First, it's very hard to get off and on. I've had to take the back cover off to reset my phone a couple of times during lock ups, and the braces that snap around the phone are *so* tight, that they can slide in to the cracks of the phone itself causing the plastic of the phone to split apart and nearly tear the phone open. That was terrifying.



Secondly, it's not compatible with the multimedia dock. So you have to take the stupid thing off and on whenever you want to dock your phone. That. Sucks. Coupled with the problem above, you have a nightmare scenario. Not only do I feel like I'm going to break my phone whenever I try to take the case off, but I HAVE to take the case off to dock it. UGH.



I am looking for a replacement case that I don't have to remove to dock. Body Glove Glove Snap-On Case for A855 Motorola Droid (Black)

I have dry hands so I need a case with some tackiness especially with such an expensive phone as the Droid. I tried the plastic/leather case from Verizon but it was still too slippery. The body glove allows good gripping without being TOO tacky which interferes with the phone going in and out of your pocket. The body glove on the left side of the touchscreen is not fully attached because of the slide out keyboard but that is acceptable. Also the case doesn't seem to protect around the screen quite as well as the bottom and sides but that is also acceptable. Rugged case is very good quality. Case looks nice, better than in the pictures.

I have owned two Body Glove Hard Snap-On Covers for my Motorola Droid.



The GOOD: I really liked the texture of the Body Glove case--the slightly rubberized, gripped feel is comfortable to the hands, easy to hold, not slippery at all, and its slight give/rebound made me feel confident that I was getting the maximum drop protection. Another cool feature is the ability to swap out a belt clip knob attachment in the back, although the case has to be removed from the Droid to do this. The belt clip itself even has a stand that pops out so you can remove the whole thing from your belt and just stand it up on your desk (although I didn't realize this for a very long time--thought the belt clip was just really bulky--oops).



The BAD: It's bulky. Really bulky. This is the case equivalent of football pads for your Droid.



The WORSE: It looks cheaply made, and it definitely seems to be. After a week or two I started to notice a lot of wear on the case. Seams where two different kinds of plastic (softer outer layer/coating, harder inner layer, or snap-on tabs) join together were the worst, especially at the corners of the case--the different types of plastic seem to want to come apart, almost as if the surfaces at the seam degrade and wear away from one another. Pieces of the softer outer layer begin to flake off at the seams and corners, and there were parts of the case where they were already seeming to do this before I removed it from its packaging.



In addition, the left side of the front cover (bottom when the keyboard is slid out) is indented a bit to give you more room to reach the top row of keys on the keyboard when it's open, but this makes it too weak--it flexes and bends a LOT with just the slightest pressure.



The WORST: the snap-on tabs are total crap in every way. They are so large they only just barely allow the Droid keyboard to slide open and closed, and they leave marks on the back of the screen part of the phone from the friction of sliding open.



Even worse, after about a month (on the first Body Glove case I had) or two (on my second Body Glove case) the snap-on tabs begin to crumble or break off, one right after another, all at once, until they won't stay on the phone. Granted, I kept the phone in my hip pocket all the time, but it's still inexcusable. Got my first case replaced, demanded and got a refund on the second one. Also, I only (carefully!) removed the Droid from the case once or twice (it's also very hard to take this case off of the phone) during the (short) life of each case, so the problem wasn't excessive wear to the tabs from daily or more often removal of the case from the phone. It's just a cheap, shoddy product.



The VERDICT: DON'T BUY THIS! There were some good ideas in the design, but this is overpriced and very, very poorly made.



If you want an awesome case that's way slimmer, better made, much, much more durable, easier to remove and put on, AND cheaper, I recommend the Seidio Innocase--I have a black one now, and I love it. - Case - Droid - Motorola - Body Glove'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information