Tuesday 31 May 2011

Motorola Cordless Phone - motorola cordless phone, cordless telephones


I have had this unit for a few months now and have been very pleased with it. In fact, I'm looking for the add-on units to populate other rooms with the same handsets. Call quality has been superb with no interference. Until I read some of the other reviews, I'd never noticed issues with the base weight and ring tones - neither has been an issue for me. Speakerphone works well with ample volume on both ends. All-in-all, I have been very pleased with the L301. Motorola DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Caller ID (L301)

I needed a basic no answering machine cordless as my landline backup for my cell phone until I can get a femtocell in my 'country estate'. This was inexpensive, looked classy rather than tacky, and was by a good brand name. It's no larger than it needs to be. I'm disappointed it doesn't wall mount, but not surprised as this seems to be a feature that only I still want in a phone. The sound quality is acceptable and the range appears adequate for me. After 20 years of cordless phone technology and a vast number of upgrades (Gigahertz, Dect, whatever) one might think that the sound quality would be outstanding if not perfect at this point, but there is still some background static, alas. Voices are always intelligible however and there isn't any noticeable distortion. The handset is nice - it fits well in the hand, is a nice size and weight, and the buttons and operation feel quality. The base is also nicely designed, but since it doesn't have a fixed mount on any surface, it is too light to feel solid when the handset is picked up or returned. I opened it up and packed the available empty space with modeling clay and this made it nearly perfect.

I concur with most of what the others have said, both positive and negative but my phone has an extremely high pitched noise - think dog whistle - that lasts for a couple of minutes at the beginning of a phone conversation but then usually disappears, it drives me bonkers. It isn't super loud, you can still have a conversation but enough that it feels like me ears are ringing. Lastly I don't find the volume sufficient, and yes it is turned up. I am not old, or have hearing difficultly.

This phone is easy to use, has great voice quality, long battery life and looks great. We needed a replacement for a previous cordless phone and didn't want to pay a lot. We've had this phone off the base for 2-3 days and the battery didn't die. We like the added ability to add additional handsets. The phone comes with a variety of ringers including pleasant melodies that won't wake our baby when someone calls. The screen is bright and the text is clearly legible.

The package arrived on the date specified with no problems.



The phone works very well and is simple to set up and use. Read in a previous review that the ring tones available were not very pleasent sounding. We didn't find that to be true at all. They were far better then what's on our cell phone and a great improvment over what our regular wired telephone sounds like. That one has no ring tone choices at all and when it rings it exactly matches the telephone rings we hear on TV drama showes. We aren't always sure if it's the TV or our telephone that's ringing! That problem is nonexistent with our new Motorola Cordless. We can hear that thing ring all over the house no matter what's going on.



The battery life between charges so far seems to be much better then we remember of Cordless phones we've had in the past and the sound quality is noticeably better then our last cordless in particular. That phone was terrible both in sound quality and battery life.

Just got this phone today. Very simple to use and setup. Didn't even need to refer to the instructions. Lightweight and comfortable to hold. Large, clear display is easy to read even without my glasses on. Well worth the price.

I just wanted to offer a comment about Motorola phones; a lesson I learned the hard way.



I bought a Motorola cordless phone H101. The phone worked fine for 6 months and then just stopped working. Motorola has engaged a company called "Encompass" to process returns for at least some models of their cordless phones, including the H101. This was a brand new Motorola cordless phone and I was surprised to learn Motorola itself was not handling problems. Encompass gave me the run around for a month after I mailed the phone back for replacement - we can't find a record of your incident, we can't confirm we received the phone back (even though I sent them a copy of the US certified mail receipt), etc... I truly view Encompass as a criminal enterprise after my experience dealing with them. I have no doubt they make money every time they wear down a customer seeking a replacement phone. I gave up - $30 is not worth the aggravation or time. I bought a Panasonic and have been happy so far.



I contacted Motorola corporate to get help and they didn't even reply.



That Motorola would associate itself with such a sham outfit as Encompass is disappointing. I have owned several Motorola phones in my life but I will never buy another. How am I to know that if something goes wrong I won't have to deal with an outfit like Encompass??? Fool me once....

I've had my share of phones in my life, but this one is the best in my opinion! I love the fact that while you are on hold, you can set the phone on "Speaker" (from the handset!) and put it down instead of holding it for what seems to be an eternity until someone returns! The sound quality is good and can be turned Up or Down, even when you are on a call! Many different features make this the phone to have! Redial, Address Book, Different Ringtones to choose from, etc.! Well worth the price!

I have used a phone like this in the past as my brother has one that is part of a system. The sound quality is very good. It has all of the features I like in a phone. It is very easy to use once you get used to how it is set up. - Cordless Telephones - Motorola - Motorola Cordless Phone - Dect Cordless Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information