Tuesday 31 May 2011

Lcd Wall Mount - tv mount, lcd wall mount


Mounted my Samsung 50" plasma using this mount. My display is about 70 pounds.



Installation was fairly simple. The back plate is 30 inches wide, so you will only be able to get 2 studs max. Important points:



1. It is very important to make sure the lag bolts drill into the studs.

2. The included hardware is iffy, so go spend the $5 at your local hardware store and get some better bolts.

3. The level on the back plate is not 100% accurate, so make sure to use your own.



The important thing to to measure where you want your holes and then measure them again and then make sure everything is level.



The construction of the mount and rails felt very sturdy.



For those that have never mounted a tv before there are 2 parts. A back plate that bolts on to your wall and then 2 rails that bolt onto the back of your display. You then place your display on the backplate. The rails have hooks to secure it onto the plate and then screws at the bottom to make sure it doesn't come off.



Distance between the back of the display and the wall is about 2.25 inches. This is fairly tight and makes it difficult to hook up cables, so make sure your cables are hooked up before mounting the display. VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount for Most 32"-60" LCD LED Plasma, Sturdy Steel Wall Plate Comes with 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level Free 7 ft HDMI Cable M43

This is the second mount I bought the first one wasn't the right type but I am glad it wasn't for this mount is perfect for my needs.



I placed the 37" TV on a flat surface on top of a blanket to prevent scratching. I screwed the side brackets on. (I placed mine on upside down but I figured it out before and real work was done.) Time to mount the wall plate. I went and sat down in a chair opposite from where the TV was going to be and "eyeballed it" a bit higher. I then marked it with a pencil. I am not going to tell you the exact measurement because everyone is different so just make it at the height that you want it and remember the higher it is the more you have to look up to watch it unless you stand to watch TV. Okay now your gonna need a level you can try to fake it but I wouldn't since you are screwing holes in you wall. Draw a line with the level and line up the wall plate and screw it in. Some people say you should use better bolts then the ones that came with the mount well I used the ones that came with it and they worked fine.



You have the TV on the floor with the side brackets attached and you have the wall plate level and screwed to the wall. I wanted a more clean look so I drilled 1/2 inch holes in the wall with a hole bit on my drill so I could pass the cables through it. I would suggest you go ahead and do this even if you are not ready to attach all the cables.



Time to place the TV on the wall plate. Attaching the cables to the back of the TV is probably a good idea but not a necessity but it makes life easier. Pick the TV up and place the little hooks on the brackets to the wall mount and let go! Don't worry it will hold. Tighten the little clamps and make sure the safety screw is there.



Your done with the mounting now you just have to adjust. The mount allows you to tilt the TV but you have to unscrew the little knobs on side and if the TV isn't exactly right where you want it you can slide it from side to side a few inches.



There is enough room to reach your hand behind the TV to plug in cables but its tight and you have to look at a diagram of the connections on the back but it can be done.



For good measure and I wouldn't recommend doing this I held onto the top of the TV and hung from it for a second just to see how well it held. The TV didn't fall so I guess it did well.



Buy this TV mount you will enjoy it.

This TV mount was great. I used it to put up a 32" LG LCD TV in my bedroom. A 32" TV is the minimum since the wall bracket is visable around the sides. The bars covered up some of the connections on the back of the TV, but that is a problem with the TV, not the mount. I did buy some stronger stud bolts from a local hardware store since I wanted to be sure the TV would not fall. However, all hardware does come with the mount, including some very needed extenders since the TV pre-drilled holds were not very deep. The 15 degree tilt function works great. Be sure to have a stud finder to line up to attach the bracket correctly. I plan to buy two more for bigger TVs.

This high quality, strong and secure mount is comparable to those costing three times the price. It is strong and secure, and I had no trouble getting it to attach to my Magnavox 37" LCD TV. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. Plenty of included bolts to match the inserts on a variety of televisions, and it even has the option to attach your padlock to the mount to secure the TV once assembled. Definitely recommended! - Lcd Wall Mount - Tv Mount - Plasma Wall Mount - Tv Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information