Tuesday 31 May 2011

Iphone Car Mount - car mount, iphone 3g


I bought this product wanting to use my phone as a GPS without laying it freely on the dashboard and letting it slide around. I also wanted to have the iPod controls right in front of me without having to pick the phone up and look off the road too much. I received this about a month ago and it works very well. I've had no issues with the suction cup falling off the windshield. If you don't want to mount the device to the windshield, or are prohibited by law to do so, it comes with a small adhesive disc for dashboard mounting. You can orient the phone in any way that you want, and the swivel the phone mounts to can be adjusted to any tightness of preference. The phone, as expected, does not shake when mounted inside the device. The only drawback is that you have to remove your case to place your phone inside, but my case is a two piece that easily slides on and off, so this is just a minor inconvenience to me. I figured this would be the case when I bought the product, but the units available on Amazon that allow cases looked like ugly, blocky pieces of garbage to me. Overall, for the money that I paid, I'm very satisfied with this windshield mount and recommend it to anyone who wants to use their iPhone as a GPS unit in their car. Amzer Suction Cup Mount for Windshield, Dash or Console for iPhone 1G, 3G, 3G S (Black)

This is the first car mount I have purchased for my iPhone (I own an iPhone 3gs 32 GB). I'll keep this review short since my experience with these mounts is limited.

*Holds phone securely in place.

*It is easy to mount in different positions to match your preference.

*The bottom docking connector is still accessible when the phone is mounted. This makes it possible to connect an FM transmitter/charger while driving.

*Easy to mount on dashboard or windshield.



-The only downside is that it probably won't fit the iphone if there is some sort of protective casing.



While it is a little more expensive than other windshield mounts, I think the price is reasonable and is a quality product. I recommend this product.

Over the course of the past several years I have owned a few different suction mounts for my GPS devices. Recently I decided to upgrade to the iPhone in order to condense all the gadgets I carry with me at any given time: my mp3 player, gps, and laptop. Which the Iphone replaces all quite well.



Using the iphone as a GPS is an awesome feature but I needed a mount for the windshield of my car to be able to use it. Like I said before I have owned a number of different mounts that have disappointed me to different degrees. However, all the other mounts I have owned all suffered the same problem of loosing suction while in route. They all would fall to the dashboard with a loud thud that would quickly make me to worry whether or not my GPS would still work after what sound like a anvil landing on concrete. Also, it's just annoying to have to pull over and re-attach a suction mount to windshield. I am sure I must have looked odd licking my fingers to apply moisture to the suctions cup with hopes it would stick to the windshield just a little bit longer then the last time.



That is not the case with this suction mount. When you stick it to the windshield, it stays there and the best part is, you don't need to apply any moisture to aid in the vacuum seal between the mount and the windshield. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that the material the suction cup is made from is superior to the other models currently on the market.



Another great feature about this mount is the ability to switch from either Portrait (vertical) or Landscape (horizontal) view with great ease. All you have to do is loosen a nut on the back of the iPhone bracket and reposition the iPhone and then tighten the nut snug again.



And finally the iPhone bracket leaves plenty of room for you to plug in the car charger and auxiliary cable (if your car stereo is not blue-tooth capable) for you to use the iPod function on trips.



I highly recommend this mount for the iPhone 3g and 3gs owners. It is NOT for the iPhone 4. The only issue I have with this mount is that I have to remove my iPhone's case in order for the iPhone to fit the mounting clamps. But once I place my iPhone into the unit I do not have to worry about it falling off. - Iphone Car Mount - Iphone 3g - Car Mount - Dash Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information