Tuesday 31 May 2011

Touchscreen - touchscreen, double din


Great deal from Amazon. (270 USD) with Amazon prime shipping. A lot cheaper compared with the other expensive ones in this tough economy.



Pros:

-----

This one is a new version, March 2009 release.



1. In-Built Bluetooth works fine and plays music directly from Iphone without having to connect any wires to it. No hissing nor static noise in the back ground. Audio from Bluetooth is crystal clear.

2. Rear view camera(bought a 40 USD camera from Amazon and hooked it up by myself), DVD player, FM(16 presets), all works as advertised.

3. Cheaper (270 USD) when compared to Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD with Blue tooth which comes to atleast 420 USD.(with the steering wheel interface)

4. I got Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD (just for comparison) and this unit and tried both of them in my Honda Pilot to check how it works and did not see any difference in quality.

5. Bought a soldering Iron(15 USD) and soldered all the wires by myself. (saved 60 USD in installation charges).Instruction manual provided is more than sufficient to do it.

6. Prompt customer support via email when you register in their website.



I hope the quality of this product lasts for a long time.



Minor tweaks

------------

1. Connected the Dimmer to the parking brake to make the DVD play in the front panel as well.

2. Had to connect the rear view camera trigger wire to the back up light system.

3. Need to connect the rear view camera video output to the CAM input.



Cons:

-----

1. 4 star rating because it does not have a steering wheel control Interface but to compensate for it they provide a wireless remote control.

2. Does not support SDHC or USB memory stick more than 2 GB. Boss BV9560B 7-Inch DVD/MP3/CD Widescreen Bluetooth Receiver with USB and SD Card

Great unit for the price. It does everything it says. Surprisingly, the bluetooth works better than some more popular brands. The interface is extremely cheesy. I seriously laughed when I first saw it. Also the loading time seems a bit slow whether it is a cd or dvd. The sound quality is better than expected. My old system was alpine type-r with 3 v12 amps (i know good sound). The only reason I gave this product 4 stars is because you really cannot beat the price. The rear view camera works flawlessly, sounds great, and has a great picture. There are some small features that are annoying example... when a call comes in though bluetooth when you end the call the track on the sd card starts from the beginning again. It is rather annoying, but overall I am pleased with my purchase.

I looked for quite a while to find a reasonable priced double din chassis radio replacement for my work van. This unit had the most features for the cheapest price. It has performed fair. The interface is a little cheesy and it is slow to respond. I would like to reserve the deepest depths of hell for whoever put the auto re-memerize your radio station buttons on the main radio screen. A useless feature that is by no means created by or exclusive to Boss. Anyway, other than that the unit performs fair. It's slow to switch from usb to radio, or to bluetooth. Considering the price of around $200 it's OK, just OK. In retrospect I wish I had spend around $500 and installed a unit with a better interface and a little smoother operation.



I did have some wiring harness issues however the tech support at Boss was excellent. If you have a problem with the unit don't hesitate to call support. Check the depth on your dash first, this unit requires extra room if your using the RCA connections on the back for audio video out or camera video in.



In all, don't think your getting a $500+ unit for cheap. It's worth about $200. If you have reasonable expectations this unit will meet them.

Frist of all amazon rules!!Not like ebay at all.The radio got to me on time;new in the box.I never put a radio in a car at all was easy to do. The dvd works great the picture on the player is wonderful!works on all dvds.made my factory speakers sound aftermarket.touchscreen is out of this world.bluetooth is as easy to do as your phone i have a blackberry that connected in seconds i play songs on it via bluetooth.Rds works,remote ,touch pin,mp3.will hook up a camera later when i find the right one.

I like the radio, I installed it myself, pretty easy job... The reason I give it 4 stars is because of software it uses. It makes the radio look cheap and low quality.. it is way too basic. The graphics look as an old nintendo or a cheap china made dvd player. It should have a better interphase with better graphics and icons. It has a lot of extras such as pict viewer, screen tilt, and even an equalizer, surround presets and a real time graphic showing the way your music moves, however you cannot save your customized preset and you have to choose it each time you turn off the radio. It lacks a screensaver option, when listening to a CD or MP# music you see an ugly boss wallpaper. it is a shame because the sound and image is great. I have a back up camera that turns on when you select reverse and it looks great... I do recommend it however so do not expect to get impressed by the software. i will put some picts later so you can see what I mean.



Regards - Double Din - Touchscreen - Car Video - Ipod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information