Sunday 1 May 2011

Elliptical Trainer - great quality, great value


I have owned a lot of exercise equipment, and the Lifecore LC-985VG Elliptical Trainer is a very good machine. Unlike some others I have tried, it has a very smooth action, is quiet, and is easy to use. It's also smaller than several other models I've tested, so it fits nicely in most rooms. Further, because it is lightweight and has two front wheels, it's easy to move.



The assembly instructions are not the best, but I've seen much worse. Regardless, it's pretty obvious where most of the parts go. It took me about one hour to assemble by myself, though it would be easier and quicker with two people.



Recently I moved the machine to a different room and one of the front wheel casings cracked. I don't know if this occurred because of a defect or because I went over a bump too quickly. I called the manufacturer (toll-free number) and received prompt and courteous service. When I bought the machine I registered it online, so my information was quickly found by the company representative. I described what happened and the representative was surprised because it was unusual for a wheel casing to break. Nevertheless, without any trouble he promised to ship me a replacement part free of charge (still under warranty). I called on a Friday afternoon and received the part on the next Tuesday. Changing the part (only one screw) was simple and took about two minutes. It's nice to know that there are still some companies that stand behind their products and provide good service to their customers. Lifecore LC-985VG Elliptical Trainer

For years I've either walked outside or on a treadmill attempting to improve my flexibility and cardio. I never felt comfortable on a treadmill (too narrow) and walking outside always has it's limitations. I've always questioned myself as to whether any of this was working for me. Finally I decided to buy an elliptical. I had heard so many positive reports about these things I felt I had to give it a try. When I first started to look I soon realized there are scores of manufacturers and hundreds of models from which to choose. I needed some way to quickly narrow the field. I decided to check out Consumer Reports. I've gone this route before and have rarely been disappointed. After reading their findings, I decided on this model. They rated it a best buy. I thought about going to several stores to check out all the different models but ultimately decided to shop online. While you can spend several thousand dollars on one of these machines, I decided that I would limit my budget to $1000. It was easy to assemble. The only thing I had trouble with was figuring out the computer. I think the manual could have been written more clearly. Once I mastered the computer, I found the exercise to be fun and challenging. And, when I step off the machine, my knees feel great. I feel energized and my knees don't hurt as with regular walking or the treadmill. The settings on the machine are such that you can tailor your workouts to the level of your skill or fitness. This may take a few sessions before you can get into a routine. Once there, it's fun to keep pushing yourself to do more. And for me, the more I do the better I feel. I'm very pleased with this product. I think it makes exercise fun again.

This product is wonderful! I just recently started using this product and already I've started to feel great! It has very fluid motion and its consistant! I love that it already has preset programs that way I can challenge myself and not stick with the same-ole same ole. Light weight...EVEN BETTER! I can move it from room to room, wether I'm watching T.V or Looking outside! Talking about it makes me want to use it. I recomend this to anyone!

I purchased this machine a few months ago a I couldn't be more satisfied. I'm 6' 220 lbs and it fits me and my wife who is 5' 4" tall, no problem. The Lifecore 985VG is smooth, compact, easy to use and still running as great as when I first got it. I read the review from Consumer Reports on this machine, and they are absolutely right about it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for the most bang for their buck.

The first unit I received was damaged. Amazon was great and replaced it next day with another damaged unit. Plastic housing was cracked on both of them. I decided to keep the second unit, and Lifecore sent me a replacement plastic housing -- took more than a week to get it though, and I'm not far from their warehouse. The repair was difficult, mainly because there were no instructions. The trick was that I needed to remove all screws on the housing -- both left and right, although I was only replacing the left one. Some screws during manufacture were over tightened, stripping the plastic on the oposite side of the housing. If you choose to buy one, check the plastic housing first, and if damaged, don't mess with it -- return it, and get another one, or a different machine. Machine works great, but what a PITA to get everything straigtened out including returning one of the units to Amazon -- box weighs 130#.



BTW, I wouldn't blame the carrier as one unit was delivered by UPS, the other by FedEx. Seems to me that Lifecore should consult with a packaging engineeer, to ensure that their product can make it to customer homes in good order. - Great Quality - Fitness - Exercise - Great Value'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information