Saturday 30 April 2011

Bella Band - belly band, gifts for pregnant women


The Belly Belt is awesome and I rate it five stars, but only when used in conjunction with a Bellaband. (I'd rate it three stars by itself). Use the Belly Belt to hold your pants closed allowing the extra space you need, then fold the BellaBand down over it. Voila! Smooth and secure, your pants stay up, are bigger to fit your growing belly, and the BellaBand covers the unzipped zipper (and looks like a layered cami). This combination has allowed me to wear all of my regular clothes comfortably through my first trimester, and unless my hips widen considerably, I think I can do the same through part or most of my second trimester.



You can use this product alone and it's comfortable, but it causes the open zipper area to bulge and crinkle, so you definitley want to wear a long and possibly voluminous top over it. Or perhaps a long cami to smooth the zipper area.



Specifically about the Belly Belt combo: I love this set. It has three colored panels (black, white, denim) to fill the v left by the open zipper. There are four belts, a small and large, each in two styles. Style one: buttons for use with jeans, khakis,and other zip/button pants. Style two: hook/sliders for use with slacks, dress/work pants. Each belt has three size settings so the belts can grow as your belly does. It's a great invention, I recommend this (and the BellaBand) as your VERY FIRST maternity clothes!! Maternity Belly Belt Combo Kit - Affordable Versatile Maternity Wear

The idea is great, however I rarely used it. I used the smallest button one a few times and the rest of them not at all. Even the small one is still too big. I went back to using a hair tie around the button and through the loop. i never used the fabric pieces either. I think the problem is I'm small(size 2) so my hips get pretty big when I'm pregnant(size 9) and therefore I can't really wear my pants too long before I have to get another size. It might work better for someone who stays in their pants the whole time and just needs more room for their belly.

My wife is 5 months along and really likes this extender. She had been using a rubber band to wear some of her pants but this is nice as it has multiple settings and covers the underwear.



She's been using it pretty much every day to keep wearing her old pants.

This works awesome!!! The belly bands go around the body so they slide or roll up often. This belt extension kept my pants up where they belong after sitting and standing which the bands didn't. This stays in place and is hard to notice. I would've saved money over my pregnancy if I bought this first! You can stay in normal, versus maternity, clothes for many months!

Material is not rough on the body and is pretty soft/silky! Has not fallen off but it does not always feel that secure because I'm quite petite. Colors are not the greatest, but they more than work. Panels cover the abdomen adequately and as advertised. Note the belts only come in two sizes of both button and hook/eye, if you are small you might need a safety pin to help attach them securely. Overall a useful product if you don't want to buy maternity pants all you have to do is cover the top (i.e., wear tops over your trousers)!

This is nice when you are too small to fit into maternity clothes (or you just hate them like me) but I'm carrying my baby in my hips apparently, since I could not get most of my pants over my hips past 5 months (but still had no belly).

There is no way I would walk around with my zipper open even with the panel thing on, it still does not match your clothing color 100%.

I just ended up using the belt without the panels and using the 2 lace bella bands that I got from ebay to cover my open zipper.

The slider type button belt did not fit all my work pants (only the ones from Banana Republic which have a large slider) so if you have pants from say for example "Express" that have a small slider, the belt won't work.

I thought this was a nifty product but it left gaps between the belt "flap" piece and the pants. If I could have ever found maternity shirts long enough for me, that might not have been a concern, but it seems this summer was the season of fashion designers thinking all preggo mom's are 5 foot 2 or want to bare their belly for the world. Anyways, this product was not as useful as I hoped it would be, but I do intend to wear it postpartum for those days at home before I can completely get into my pre-baby wardrobe again. It is adjustable, well made, and can be useful. However, it wasn't AS useful as I'd hoped. - Gifts For Pregnant Women - Belly Band - Maternity - Pregnancy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information