Wednesday 31 August 2011

Dlp Projectors - led projector, portable projectors


I'm very satisfied with this projector. I set it up in my bedroom with a portable projector screen (60" wide) and fed it 720P and 1080i inputs thru the component outputs of my HD satellite receiver and DVD player,(Toshiba XD-E500, available on Amazon, DVD upscaled to both 720P/1080i)to the VGA connector on the projector and it performed admirably. I moved the projector back to fill the entire screen width (60") with a 16X9 picture and the clarity/sharpness when receiving 720P/1080i signalling was better than I expected. The picture with a dimly lit room was very watchable and with the room darkened was outstanding. The colors were bright and vivid and the brightness/contrast were excellent. I used a RCA component male x 3 to VGA female adapter cable, 1 ft. long,(vendor description-HD15 VGA female to RCA x 3 male double shielded, HD15 to component video, available from Wholesale Cables on Amazon), that mated to the projector's VGA male connector plus a 12 ft. component cable that mated with the adapter's 3 male RCA's thru 3 RCA female to female barrel connectors. I also used a video switching box for the video, 4 inputs/1 output, and audio switching box, 4 inputs/1 output for the L/R stereo audio (available from Radio Shack) so I wouldn't have to keep unplugging/plugging cables all the time. I connected the L/R stereo audio switcing box output to my video/Aux audio inputs on my Aiwa home stereo/CD unit. Setup was very easy as the projector has auto-keystone adjusting feature. The projector has pre-programmed selections for movies/photos/pc/brightest/user. The user setting allows the user to set their own desired picture settings as they wish. The projector distance from the screen to fill the 60" width of the screen was about 9 ft. Although the projector has a tripod mounting hole, I used a music stand available from any music store and velcro'd the projector to the music stand. The music stand is adjustable in all three dimensions, pitch/yaw/height with locking adjusters when you get it where you want it to stay. This setup sure meets my needs/requirements completely and no lamps to replace periodically on the projector (it uses LED's). I was concerned about the 100 lumen output of the projector prior to getting it home and trying it out, but my concerns were relieved when I set it up and actually saw the picture for myself. It's not washed out or too weak to watch. I was extremely pleased with the video quality of the projector. I watched a MLB baseball game on it and fast moving objects (the ball,runners) were not blurred at all. I'm satisfied. One note: the projector pictured on Amazon doesn't look like the present BenQ Joybee GP1 model that I have. Mine is white with a black top and is almost square. Perhaps the version shown on Amazon is an earlier or another version of the product. BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini-LED DLP Projector

The Joybee is small and light but it makes a huge screen and does very well for brightness. I am a teacher that travels to six different buildings and I like to project my computer on the wall. With the Joybee I can carry it in my bag (along with the cords that do not fit in the case with the projector) and use it in all of my buildings.

I bought the BenQ Joybee GP! after reading many reviews. Size and weight are big considerations as I will be traveling with it frequently. This unit and it's giant power cord easily fit with my laptop and all my other stuff into my laptop case and didn't cause a stir going through security. Even so, I wish I had gone with the pico unit. The reason I went with this unit is because it has more lumens than the brightest pico unit I could find. The room did need to be darkened to see the pictures well, which can make it difficult for people to take notes during the presentation. The unit was simple to set up and worked perfectly with my Dell laptop. I haven't yet bought the cable to use it with the MAC. The focus is simple and the picture looks great even without a screen. I've showed Powerpoint shows on both a green wall and a yellow wall and the picture looked fine. So far, I am very happy with this cute little unit.

We've already tried out this tiny projector by running it off a laptop and off a memory stick, and were pleasantly surprised with how bright the display is and how simple it is to use. We tried it first in a room with thin shades on a very sunny day, so the room wasn't very dark -- it did well. When we were able to try it in a darker room, it did *very* well.



I agree with some minor drawbacks mentioned by others. The remote has no backlighting, so it's difficult to use in a really dark room. The focus mechanism is a little too touchy -- I had to fiddle a bit to get the focus right. And the on-screen interface to run a slideshow directly off a memory stick with multiple folders was a little awkward. However, as another reviewer suggested, if you just put all the photos in the root directory (folder) of the memory stick, then the interface isn't an issue.



We had waited a long time to buy a projector, and are very pleased with the value of this one.



UPDATE 11/3/10: Discovered a bug (or is it user error?) with running a slideshow off a memory stick. The sort order of the files is peculiar, so the slideshow may not run in the desired sequence. I created a slideshow using PowerPoint to generate JPG files in the same order as the original PPT show (e.g. Slide1, Slide2, Slide3...Slide40). However, the GP1 shows the files in this sequence instead: Slide15, Slide16...Slide40, Slide1, Slide2...Slide14

This makes the feature of creating a usable slideshow just on the memory stick pretty unusable.

It does say that the room needs to be dark, but i never thought that it needed to be that dark. I have barely used this projector because the room conditions are not ideal, instead, i end up borrowing the company's.

It seems to be exactly what is promised - lightweight, user friendly and easy to transport. The only flaw I've found thus far is that only the projector is easy to transport. The carrying case (if you can call it that as it has no straps or handles) only has room for the projector. You must purchase another case for the cords, remote, user manual and user CD. Projecting a presentation with a USB drive requires converting the slides to JPEG, and then having to go through all the settings for a photo slide show. Not quite the 'plug and play' I pictured, but I'm sure once I get the hang of it, it will be easy. - Projector - Led Projector - Portable Projector - Portable Projectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information