Wednesday 31 August 2011

Floor Cleaning - swiffer, dusting


I love the extra large Swiffer Max - it covers so much more floor so much faster. Here's an idea I hope will work for you and save you money:



A couple of years ago I discovered I can easily attach a microfiber cloth (you can get them on Amazon) to the Swiffer, then I dampen it with a little hot water and vinegar and go to town cleaning my floor. If the cloth isn't too dirty after a few days of floor washings I just flip it over and use the other side. Then it goes into the washing machine and dryer and the whole process starts over again.



To make my kitchen smell nice I take a fresh microfiber cloth and dampen it with water and sprinkle several drops of an essential oil such as peppermint in the morning to wake everyone up:-) or lavender at night (for relaxation). Essential oils are also sold on Amazon. I hope these tips are useful to someone. Swiffer Sweeper X-Large Complete Pack with Two Dry Sweeping Cloths & Two Wet Mopping Cloths (Pack of 2)

I am so pleased with this product and I knew I had to write a review for this, which is not typical of me, but it works that well I knew it was worth writhing a review about since I myself find reviews very helpful when it comes to buying a "never before used" product.



I have 4 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds and recently found out one of my kids has pet allergies. What I LOVE about this swiffer is the fact that it's larger than the usual swiffer but at the same time covers more area and you are finished even that much quicker. When I used the swiffer sweeper cloths for the first time and flipped it over to see how much it picked up I was shocked. I don't think it missed one piece of dirt or dog/cat hair on my hardwood floor areas which is something my regular broom and dust pan would never have picked up. I must add that this item will not pick up larger crumbs but what I do is usually sweep all the larger crumbs/dirt into one area and either use my vacuum to pick up the rest since I usually vacuum after cleaning my kitchen floors.



Another BIG plus for me with this item is the fact that it's so light weight and I've always suffered from back pain which I no longer experience pain when using this item like I did with heavy brooms/mops and because it's larger in size I'm able to be done so much quicker and spend more time with my kids then cleaning the floors all day.



The fact that you have to use two wet cloths has not been an issue for me because it's worth it when you have an item that works so well and benefits in so many ways that using two cloths seems like nothing when it comes to saving yourself valuable time, back pain and getting your floors cleaned quickly with a product that dries quickly so if my kids come into the kitchen right after cleaning the floors, there's no more slipping on wet floors that were still drying from a soaked mop....



I can't recommend this product enough, if you're a busy mom like me who hates spending time pulling out the broom/mop & bucket every time your floors need a cleaning then this is a product for you. Sometimes I even use the product just for the fun of it and to see how much it picks up that you wouldn't see yourself or would miss with a broom/pan. I love the fact that it gets up so much pet hair and easily manuevers in and out of small spaces.



I love love love this product and HIGHLY recommend to anyone!



On an added note: I didn't realize when I purchased this item that it actually comes with 2 swiffers and the cleaning pads, I thought Amazon sent an extra on accident but turns out I got more then what I was even expecting so I keep one in my guest bathroom and one in my kitchen.....which comes in very handy. - Swiffer - Dusting - Floors - Cleaning'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information