Wednesday 31 August 2011

Brita Water Pitcher Filter - brita water pitcher, brita


The top of this pitcher is a bit fragile; if you drop it on a tile floor, it can break, or at least the small spout cover can break, so beware.The water does filter "slowly" but acceptable. I say "slowly" because the job of filtering water by gravity naturally takes some time. The water has to percolate down through the filter surface area; this just is a slow process without any help from positive or negative (vacuum) pressure.The pitcher holds 2 quarts. Frankly, if your water is bad-tasting, you will be filling this pitcher up many times a day. If that is the case, get an inline filter instead. This pitcher is ok for a small family, but for a large, water-drinking, Kool-aid making, tea drinking family you may need a lot more. We have one, and we use it a lot, so I have to say it's pretty good, overall. Brita 42412 Atlantis Water Pitcher

This filtration pitcher is the only one I have ever had, tried, or used. If you buy this you need to get the filters with the color indicator that tells you when to change it. I made the mistake of buying filters without it and after the filter has died, you can usually tell by the taste (which is really bad). this is a good price. it is very easy to fill. it takes a little while to filter the water, maybe a little longer than I would like. At my house, 8 cups of water is gone in no time though. If you have a family, it is probably smarter to buy a little bigger one. but the good thing is that it doesn't take up much room in the fridge and it is easy to pour.

This is a good alternative but has its drawbacks. I think a britta sink/faucet model would be more convenient but my faucet is not set up for one. The water from this pitcher tastes very good and I use it for my coffee which allows me to not buy filters for the pot...however.... a full pitcher is just under a full pot of coffee and the refilling of the britta is very slow. (The re-fill rate seems to decrease as the filter gets older) Something to consider if you will be bringing the pitcher to the dinner table for a family... You really cant pour it till its done filtering. The filters are fairly expensive but less than buying bottled water. I also find the pitcher to be a bit heavy and the lid delicate. altho it has not broken i can see that that might be a problem... This is a good alternative to a faucet model or bottled water but it isnt without its drawbacks.

Overall, we're very happy with the Brita Atlantis Pitcher. Also bought one for Mom. The only minor problem is is sometimes spills a little if you don't pour carefully. The water tastes great, and we use it all the time at home, now only using bottled water for on-the-go. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY UPGRADING TO THE BRITA DELUXE OR BRITA CHROME: The Brita Deluxe has an indicator light to signal you to change filters however it goes off after a set amount of time rather than the actual usage of the filter. I got one as a gift and prefer the standard model. The light just gets annoying, especially when you know you don't need to change the filter yet. The chrome model also has the annoying light and is more difficult to clean (my sister has it). If you have more than one person in the house, or if you drink a lot of water, I would suggest buying the larger size. Or you can do what we do. We bought another large refillable bottle that we keep filled with the filtered water while the Brita is doing its job.



You can often get great deals on the replacement filters if you keep your eyes open for sales, and it's definitely worth it to buy the 3 pack of filters.



Definitely rinse the filter twice before you use it.

Our family lived for many years in a Central American country where the water was iffy. We became Brita users then in the remote hope that it would keep some of the bad stuff our of our stomachs.



Now, living in Indianapolis where the water is pure but hard, we drink from water poured through the Brita Water Filtration Pitcher in order to filter out some of the minerals that make water 'hard'.



Although I am not persuaded that we have taken great scientific leaps forward towards water purity, my wife assures me that this is progress. Therefore, I try to drink water only out of the Brita.



I can say that it's not an inconvenient little contraption. It's easy both to fill the Pitcher and to pour from it, though you'll likely suffer a few wet countertops before you learn to wait for the water in the newly-filled pitcher to settle.



I am told by my devoted spouse that we are loyal Brita customers for the long haul. She knows about these things.



Do drink up.

I used to go through a case of bottled water in about 2 weeks, and it was getting expensive. A friend of mine had a Brita water filter, and after having some of the water from that I decided to buy one for myself. I have to say that I've had mine for little over a month and I have to say that I am really happy that I bought the this! The water tastes great, practically no difference from bottled water. The size is perfect for my mini fridge in my dorm room, and it fits right in the door. It is also easy to use as you just flip a part of the lid in the back and poor water directly into the reservoir (where the pre-filtered water sits before it is filtered). It doesn't take too long to filter the water, and I can usually fill the entire thing in about 5 minutes. You can then pour water directly from the Brita, making it very easy to use (it also doesn't look to bad either). In the entire time that I've had it I had one (literally one) black particle come from the filter, and it was easy to see and get rid of. As far as durability I dropped it once in the parking lot, and while the lid came up and bit and the filter popped out, there doesn't seem to be any damage to it and it works just fine. Overall I am very happy that I bought it, and I would highly recommend it! - Brita - Brita Water Pitcher - Filter - Water Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information