Wednesday 31 August 2011

Panasonic Cordless Dect Phone - answering machine, caller id


I have had several of Panasonic's phones over the last eight or more years. The last one we had was color screen and bells and whistles that although pretty to look at took away some of the functionality of the phone. Specifically, when you use a color screen it eats up memory and can cause issues with holding a charge.



The title of this says it all. The new phone I have had ab out a month perhaps 6 weeks is truly better, more functional, holds more names, and the screen although not color is much easier to see and use because the lettering is larger and the blue lettering on a whitish blue surface is a winner.



One other very important point; I bought the plus version of this phone. There are two versions. The other is less expensive and does not have the range nor clarity of this unit. It is well worth the extra $10.00 or so dollars.



The contrast and the appearance in general is very pleasing. The bells and whistles are still there and more but they are much easier to get at as they useful. 50 names and numbers. Sound functions and musical rings are better. The sound quality is fantastic and the ability to set the volume while is use is great. There is nothing worse than a ring that is not wanted and no way to change it. You can do both and easily to boot.



I had to come back because I missed one of the most if not the most important additions to this and all Panasonic phones of recent make. The dial and phone are lighted so it is easy and functional in the dark. I add this because all previous models did not have the lighted keypad, phone. This is an incredibly useful feature.



One last point, It is expandable up to six phones



I gave it 5 out of 5 stars because of the price but also because of how much better and functional it is compared to any other phone I have used and believe me we have used a lot of different phones so to say of all the phones we have had this is the best it is not said lightly.



I would grab this without hesitation as long as what you want is a phone that does what you want when you want it and you do not care to have pretty pictures in place of the excellent sound, appearance and all around usefulness of this Panasonic phone. Panasonic KX-TG6532B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Phone and Answering System with 2 Handsets

I have had this phone for about 1 week. The 1st thing I did was charge both handsets for about 8hrs(do not unplug your old phone until these are fully charged). This phone is extremely easy to setup and program, it took me longer to write down all the numbers from my old phone. I did not even have to use the manual to program. Once that was done I flipped thru the manual and it has a ton of quick codes if you do not feel like going thru the menu on the handset. I love the call block feature, even though I am on the no call list I still get annoying telemarketing calls. The lighted keypad and being able to access VM via handset is fantastic. The talking caller ID is ok, I have to laugh b/c the automated voice sounds funny when someone calls and they have a hard to pronounce name but you have the option to turn it off if you want. It has some interesting ring tones. The sound is very clear but I have noticed if the volume is up to high I get a bit of echo/feedback from my TV and voices of other people in the room with me(hence the 4 stars). I usually keep the volume low anyway but my son had used it earlier and had it cranked all the way up. If you are hard of hearing and have to put the volume all the way up you may not even notice it. It states battery performance is 13hrs continuous talk time or 11dys standby, I can't comment on this b/c I put it back on the base every night before I go to bed. It also has a icon on screen to see the battery level which I absolutely love, my old phone would just start to beep and you had about 5 beeps to run and get the other handset before it died. I also like that it uses rechargeable AAA batteries. Overall this is a really nice phone and I feel the size of the handset is just right not to big, not to small.



UPDATE***

10/3/2010



I have had no problems with these phones. I left the handset off the base to see how long it would hold a charge and it is about 7 days with daily use. It was down to 1 bar on the battery icon and it had not began to blink so I am guessing I could have gone another 2 days before needing to charge. I have really grown to love this phone and its many features but I especially love being able to block unwanted calls. Also some more info on the talking caller ID, if you have the # programmed in the phone it will say the name you have programmed in w/it, for example when my daughter calls and it says her 1st name even though the caller ID comes up under mine and her dad's name.

I have had this phone for a month and I really want to write a review because the detail description doesn't tell us any thing much but it actually has a lot of features that other companies do not make. I owned many cordless phones so far but this is far better than others.





1. The phone uses the AAA rechargeable batteries NiMH. It can be replaced with any AAA NiMH batteries. I replaced mine with the higher capacity of NiMH batteries so it lasts even longer. The phone claims for 13 hours talk time. I never clock when I talk but it lasts very long time. And unlike other brands that we have to use only the manufacturer's batteries made for that phone.



2. Headphone Jack.....Bingo!! Finally I found a cordless phone with a headphone jack. Again no other brands make it and I don't know why but here I got it. It works absolutely perfect with a Panasonic headset. Sound is very clear.



3. Battery indicator.....My Vtech phones show a level of battery only while it's being charged but this Panasonic, the indicator shows the battery level all the time.



4. It speaks the phone number out loud when there is an incoming call.



Bottom line because of the first two reasons above, this will be my last cordless phone I ever bought since the batteries can be replaced with the regular rechargeable AAA NiMH. Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!





UP DATE: Nov 21, 2010



Just bought one more for other in the family. After 4 months of usage it has proved that this is the greatest cordless phone as I expected. Never disappointed me. Using regular rechargeable AAA means Saving Money!!



I use this phone with Panasonic headset every day. - Caller Id - Cordless Phone - Answering Machine - Panasonic Cordless Dect Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information