Tuesday 30 August 2011

Chi Hair Straightener Ceramic - flat iron, hair straightener


I got it and couldn't wait to use it, so the first time I used it my hair looks great. People at work notice the difference. They thought I went to the Beauty Salon. There is a world of difference between a cheap one and THE CHI. Ok, so for the "no warranty issue", Amazon sells it for $94.00, other places sell it for $135.00. If you have a problem with it you can mail it along with $35.00 and they will fix or replace (per the website), so I took the risk, and anyway, the warranty is only for a year, so after that you have to pay the extra $35.00 if it breaks. Mine works great.Farouk CHI 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron

I loved my CHI! But when it broke four months after I had paid for it, I found out some bad news. The one year warranty is VOID if you buy it from Amazon, because they are not an authorized dealer!So now I have to buy a new one or pay to have mine fix, which will take from 3-5 WEEKS! Amazon really needs to tell their customers warranty is void when they buy it, because Amazon WILL NOT REPLACE IT!

I have struggled to get the hang out of my cheap flat iron for my wedge/bob hairstlye. Well, struggle no more! this iron is awesome and fast. It beats the 'cheapies' hands down. I also like it because it is thin! I thought (in my ignorance) using a larger iron would be easier, but not so. Its much easier to use this one. Plus... It comes in a limited edition pink style if you like that sort of thing (which I do). I also love this iron because its really easy to curl the ends of your hair. Just twist and go.



Make sure to use some product to protect your hair and be careful with it! You can burn your ears, neck and hands -It's HOT!

I have typical African American hair that is course, dry, and needs a lot of oil and moisturization to maintain a soft, straight texture to my hair. I try to refrain from relaxing my hair as long as possible, so I usually wash and blow dry my hair with a comb attachment and liquid oil, which works very well to straighten and shine hair (but not leave it heavy and greasy). I use a flat iron (in conjunction to marcel wax (a God send) or pressing oil (the one that starts with D) on those spots that need some additional smoothing and shine. Since my hair is very thick, this process can take about two hours! I usually have the pass the iron through several times with moderate success in smoothing the hair. I bought this iron, after seeing such excellent reviews. I opened the package, and saw that there's no temperature control, which was concerning, but I decided to test it out. It took one pass on a section of hair, and that strand was completely STRAIGHT!!! Excited, I finished my head in 20 minutes instead of 2 hours...Thanks to this iron, I can wash, condition and straighten my hair in less than an hour!!! It's so soft and shiny, even after a day since using the iron. Five stars!!!

The CHI is great- when it works. I got my first CHI a few years ago, after a couple of months the light stopped staying on and it would get cool again. I sent it back because of the one year warranty. The replacement they sent me?? did the same thing. This year for Christmas my mom bought me a new one. That thing lasted two days before it stopped working comPLETELY. I am very unhappy with this. It is an expensive product. I never dropped any of these. I can't imagine how shoddy they put them together.

If you're tired of the curls and waves in your hair and want to go for a dramatic, straight look, the Farouk Ceramic Iron is for you. It works like a dream and you won't be able to stop touching your hair because it's hard to beleive it could feel so wonderfully smooth and healthy with such little effort. If you have tried to get a sleek look by yanking your hair with a blow dryer and brush, this will save you a world of time and produce far better results.

For months I made 'do' with my $40 straightener trying to convince myself that it would be enough. I would see other women with perfect hair to find out they used a CHI. Everyone would say "A C-H-I...! ooohhhh Like it was something to worship. Well gals...It is the Mercedes Benz of hair straighteners. I am chanting CHI! CHI! CHI! everywhere I go.

I have thick, wavy hair and it only took about 10 mins to iron it flat. It feels silky smooth too! and is so shiny! My $40 cheapie made it feel like straw.

I know the high price may stop many women from buying it.

But I swear, you HAVE to buy a CHI, if you are as fussy about your hair as I am, its a dream come true.

Finally; we puffy, thick and wavy haired gals can have it all.

It heats up fast and does not burn or singe the hair at all..but rather glides through my hair. I didn't experiencing it being overly hot either. Just perfect in every way. - Chi - Hair Straightener - Chi Hair Straightener Ceramic - Flat Iron'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information