Tuesday 30 August 2011

Medium Heels - boots, antique brown wide calf boots


I've always had a problem finding boots to fit my calves. I am the average size for women in America, and I think my calves are pretty average sized, but based on the boots out there, they are huge.... so it was a relief to find wide calf boots that weren't outrageously priced, and fit me easily. Unfortunately, I didn't find them until late in the winter, so I was excited to find brown wide calf boots for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, when I got them, they were as wide as all the other "normal" sized boots I'd run into. It was extremely disappointing, and as ashamed as I am to admit it... made me feel like a cow! When you are buying wide calf boots and they don't even fit you, it's like someone is telling you that you are too big for what's in fashion. If I'm average size, there are plenty of women out there in the same boat as I am, so the companies that are marketing things like this and calling them wide calf, better wake up and realize that they could be making money if they were making what they advertized... Annie Shoes Women's Blanca Wide-Calf Boot,Black Croc,8 W US

The shoes were nice and seemed to be of good quality, but I could not zip them all the way up at all. I know my calves are big, but jeesh! Maybe if they were made of more flexible materials they would have zipped, but there was no zipping them up! Other wide calf boots have fit, but Oh well. I suggest if you buy these shoes that you measure your calf and compare them with the shoe calf measurement (which I should have done). Nice shoes, but I gotta send them back.

I too have wider calves and was thrilled to see this pretty boot on Amazon. The delivery was amazingly fast but disappointment quickly followed. The shoe part fitted perfectly but I could only do the boot zip up about half way. I did measure my calves (16" at widest part). I am investigating boot expanders but this will cost around $60 so I may be sending them back if this doesn't work out. Sigh!! - Medium Heels - Lifestride - Antique Brown Wide Calf Boots - Boots'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information