Tuesday 30 August 2011

Time Crisis 4 - playstation move, playstation 3


First my disappointment:



1) Time Crisis 4 on 2 players mode simulates a real arcade machine. Each player gets their own tiny screen within your tv screen. I have a 58" TV and could barely see my screen on two player mode because it was so small.



My husband and I play this with the Dual Shot Pistol Pack that comes with the blue and red pistol for $30. Neither one of us had any trouble using the gun attachment to play any of the three games. No, you cannot just hold the gun out with one hand (except for in Deadstorm Pirates), but using both hands isn't a problem. In Razing Storm and Time Crisis 4, you simply press any button on the top of the controller to take cover (which also reloads). Because you don't have to press any one specific button, we found it very easy. If you hold the gun with one hand on the trigger and the other on the side (much like cops do in tv shows), you can easily play it comfortably. We played it for 3 hours straight and didn't have any trouble at all.



The calibration is much more accurate than it was in the demo. In the demo you only shot 3 targets to calibrate the gun and we couldn't ever get ours straight. The full version has a 5 target calibration system, which made the aiming dead on.



Other than that, I can say that I really enjoyed the game. Razing Storm is incredibly short. My husband and I beat it the first time we played it and it only took a maximum of 30 minutes.



Deadstorm Pirates was a lot of fun because you do not have to worry about reloading or taking cover. I must say that it is my favorite of all three games. Deadstorm Pirates only requires you to use the trigger to shoot, so it works perfectly with gun accessories.



I just wanted to write this for those who were wondering how well the gun accessories would work with this. I couldn't imagine playing them without the gun accessories and found it just as entertaining as I would have in an arcade. Time Crisis: Razing Storm

Each player can select motion controller, navigation/dualshock controller, or guncon to play with, however a player cannot use two controllers simultaneously. This makes gun attachments useless and it makes the move experience much worse. Using a gun attachment feels actually more unnatural than without it. This is not the fault of gun attachment designs, but the game's controller setting.



I have to use my other hand to press the reload button and this prevents me from using iron sights. I'd like to use the navigation controller trigger for reload/cover and use the motion trigger to shoot. Why was this not considered in the game's design?

Time Crisis: Razing Storm Review. Excitement with a dash of disappointment.



Just picked up the game and was able to experience the retail release.



The Good

The game is fast paced, exciting and thrilling. They repaired the elementary move calibration from the demo. Instead of two targets to shoot you get five making the onscreen target much more accurate in relation to where you aim. The death animations and destructible environments make this game a thrill to get into. Unlike "The Shoot" these guys are not wooden cutouts but reactive characters. The graphics look good and the game play is responsive and fun. This is the most important aspect of any game so I am going to forgive the major flaw it has.



The Bad

The navigation controller is only available for use on the Razing Storm story mode. This is a problem because on the arcade mode and the other two Namco shooters you have no option to use another controller as an "action/reload" button. This was a feature in previous games and is lost in this one. I contacted Namco's online chat support and they confirmed this.



This problem makes playing with the MOVE Precision Shot 3 I own more trouble than it is worth in my opinion. Holding a handgun with two hands takes away from the illusion of shooting an army of bad guys with a hand gun. How could they miss this, it would have been a perfect fit. As it is right now the game sees the navigation controller as a second player. : (



It would have been amazingly cool if I could duck behind the couch to activate the shield. Seems crazy I know, but with the Playstation Eye it seems very possible and another lost opertunity. At this point though I would be happy with just the nav control support.

Fun Game 8/10.

It's $50 and packs 3 games. After playing with it for a night, I can see why. These games are very short, especially the featured title Razing Storm. There is no way they can charge $50 based on the featured title alone. I'm comparing the length to the likes of Virtua Cop series and House of the Dead series. These games are shorter than those. That said, all games included are quite fun, especially Razing Storm and Deadstorm Pirates. Only Time Crisis 4 feels a bit outdated. If you have Move and are remotely interested in arcade rail shooters, do not hesitate to get it as it's worth the price of admission.

I finally received my PlayStation Move last night, already had the navigation controller and Sony shooting attachment. Put in Time Crisis and calibrated everything with no problems. Started to play and to my immediate dismay, I found out that the navigation controller doesn't work to reload the gun!!!! Instead, you have to push the x button on the PlayStation move. This really slows you down and is extremely aggravating, it would of been so much better to be able to reload with your left hand. I guess they designed the game to be played without the shooting attachment, what a shame. I have to say this is the first time I enjoyed playing a FPS, I hope future titles work with the navigation controller to reload, change guns, and move around.

This game, equipped with the Playstation Move made for quite an accurate shooting game. I played this game with my nephew, who is only 8 years old, but it was easy to comprehend and simple to play.



The best thing about this game is the skill level is adjustable, making it easy for younger folks to learn this game, that is, assuming you permit young adults and pre-teen adolescents to play shooting games.



This game could be improved upon if it came with a move control holder that is in the shape of a gun. After about an hour of game play, holding the move controller does make for an awkward position thats not very natural by any means. I've ordered a precision shot controller shell to replicate a gun, similar to the arcade. I think this will most definitely make the game more enjoyable, or at the least, won't leave you with any aches in your wrist after playing for more than an hour. - Playstation Move - Shooting - Shooter - Playstation 3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information