Wednesday 31 August 2011

Keyboard Protector - keyboard protector, dust covers


It keeps my keyboard clean and the area under it protected, which is what I'm assuming we all need.



Sometimes I have to lift it up to show people that it's not a custom red keyboard, but just a protective cover. I have the newer all white uni-body MacBook (13.3 inch), unlike the other reviewer with their black keyboard. So the keys really pop as red with the white lettering.



"Wow." They sometimes say. Wow, indeed. It covers the keys evenly and I can type as usual with very little keyboard discomfort. At first it felt a little powdery but once my greasy fingers flew across the keyboard a few times it started getting better. And my actual keyboard thanked me.



It matches my sweatshirt, drink of choice from Applebee's (Shirley Temple), and the blood that my gums bleed when I smile so much from having a stylish and effective product.



In all seriousness, I like this, I'm glad I chose it over black or clear, and it settles into my (new) MacBook 13.3 keyboard platform comfortably so nothing can slink in as long as I'm handling the laptop properly. GTMax Aluminum Unibody Apple MacBook / Pro / Air Silicone Keyboard Skin Cover - Red

if you want it to protect your keyboard it does just that. but i thought this cover would look really nice because i have a red cover for my mac but this cover is see-through and i can totally see the black keys under the red silicone. if you want to buy a keyboard cover for your mac just buy the cover with the black keys.

I like the red color and how it really stands out when the lights are low. It fits perfectly over the keys as it should. However, the letters on the keys don't line up with the real keys so when the lights are low double letters appear on the keyboard. Another slight flaw is that the trim of the silicone hangs over the dugout keyboard groove making it easier for one to accidentally peal it up. I recommend the black one by bargaincell it fits absolutely perfect for some reason.

i bought this product several months ago to protect my keyboard for miscellaneous things getting into it. It is a great product but it has done something to my macbook screen. i don't know if it ate it away or what but when i try cleaning the screen with a wet cloth, you can see where the keyboard cover outline was and it will NOT go away. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, or knows how to fix it, but other than that it was the only problem i had with it.

This cover is advertised to fit all macbook models, however it will not fit the 15" current generation macbook pro (it is a few mm to wide, so half the keys do not fit). However, I was able to get it to fit ok on a 2nd generation white macbook.



Otherwise, the product is pretty good.

Fits great. Looks great. Does a great job. Here are the minor flaws: 1. Some of the letters don't match exactly with the letters on the normal keyboard of the new (2010) Macbook Pro. This only becomes visible when the keyboard backlight is present. 2. The keyboard backlight buttons are not represented on this keyboard cover, probably to allow compatibility with other Macbook models that don't have a backlit keyboard. 3. You lose some of the joy of typing with this cover. It just doesn't feel as great. However, I can type on it just fine. Overall, I think it's worth the trouble.

Although cheap, its not worth the 2 dollars requested as, it sticks to the keyboard in some places since it is too thin does not match the keys well, has a wave to it and creates challenge in typing with it.

I also order the top-case which is another 2 dollars more, but worth it ! sits well, comfortable with typing and does not stick to key, rather fits it exactly !

Well yea some of the keys don't line up exactly with the keyboard, but it shouldn't bother you unless you are super anal about that kind of stuff...It serves its purpose, keeps my keyboard clean! It may take a couple days to get used to typing with the cover on, but you get used to it. =)

Its pretty nice, the color is cute and it does its job. Mine has never laid completely flush but I really don't even notice it. So far it has worn really well, none of the letters are wearing off or anything and its been a few months since i got it. It took me a few to get used to typing with it, but really it wasnt much of an adjustment. Over all its a great product for the price. - Keyboard Protector - Dust Covers - Macbook - Macbook Pro'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information