Wednesday 31 August 2011

Macbook Battery


I bought this as a replacement for my 13.3" black MacBook as an alternative to buying the $120 Apple OEM one. I was very disappointed when it arrived and it did not fit in the battery slot. It was too big. I assume some force could have maybe helped it, but why risk the damage to my MacBook when the battery should fit the item it was designed for. Also, it is not matte black, instead the battery is a high gloss black and will show in comparison to the rest of the body. I sent this back for a refund and just paid for the OEM one. Replacement Apple Black Macbook 13 Inch A1185 MA561, MA566 Series Battery

I brought this battery thinkin wow i'll save some money. Dont waste your time. Spend the extra on an official apple battery. Battery barely fits in slot and if it goes in your trackpad doesnt work correctly.

I am very pleased with the product that I ordered. At this point, my laptop is 5 years old so I could care less if the plastics, so that is ok. I am also so happy I finally have a fully functional battery that lasts quite a long time again. The one issue I have, is that when I bought this battery, I verified that it was the same model as what I have. I am also aware that some after-market products are not always the same. Knowing that, I went to put in the battery and I had to really work the lock so it would keep it in place. So, the space on the battery where the locking mechanism is inserted could be a bit better. So overall, I would give it a 95%.

I had returned the first one because it stopped taking a charge after 4wks. I exchanged it for another and guess what it to stopped working 5wks later. I then returned it and they slap me with a restocking fee. Why would you restock something that didn't work. Very dissatisfied with everything. Do your self a favor and don,t buy anything from this company.

I ordered the black mat finish macbook replacement battery, and they sent me the white glossy one, even though my invoice confirmed my order for black. Sure it fits and does the trick, but if having a rag-tag looking laptop set-up bothers you then be careful, because these people obviously do not put any effort into double checking their orders. Too much of an inconvenience for me to return, so now I look really ghetto in front of my graphic design clients. If you need a replacement battery for your macbook, shop around, there are plenty of other options online.

Battery was a perfect fit (the original worked, but started to bulge and damage keyboard and mouse operations) and has worked successfully for the past month. It looked OEM and the price is good. The original lasted just over a year before it started distorting, so if we get 6 months at this price we are on bonus time.



Since my wife typically uses the laptop plugged-in all the time, we may never find out the full ratings on this battery.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information