Tuesday 30 August 2011

Kindle Accessory - covers, kindle


i was so excited to get this for my new kindle but it doesn't fit. It's too big. So I got another case and thought i'd use this for extra protection. but no, too small for that. i have a built sleeve for my laptop and was excited to see that they were available for kindles but the fit is really really off. and with my kindle sliding out it offered very little protection from the wear and tear of hand bag living. All in all, ,this was a huge disappointment. BUILT Neoprene Kindle Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle), Black

Just used this the first time traveling by air. I did not know you had to take it out before going through security. Easy to do. Once on board, I just slipped it into the seat pocket and could easily grab the Kindle and pull it out. Nice way to protect my new toy.

Just as I was afraid of, the Kindle slips right out of this sleeve. The hourglass shape was supposed to grip it and keep it in, but it doesn't. I would return it, but the shipping's not worth it. I will try to add a velcro strap or something myself.

If you need a sleeve to keep your Kindle scratch free and don't want to pay $30 then this is the one for you. Though the size is for the previous generation Kindle, it is only slightly larger than my "latest generation" and fits fine. In fact, I think the Built sleeves made for the latest generation (which are $29.99) fit very tight and make it hard to pull the Kindle out, though it does keep it from slipping). I added a 1" square of velcro at the top of mine to keep it closed and it works perfectly. It fits my requirements and the price was right, so I highly recommend it if you are looking for the inexpensive alternative.

i bought this sleeve instead of a book type cover because i prefer to be able to hold my kindle as-is when i read. this, paired with a decal cover, serves to protect the device during most of my handling.



the material is thick and durable, but does not fit snug enough to "hold" the kindle alone, and is a tad too snug to allow the combo of kindle + silicon skin (it bunched up the silicon when i'd try to slide it in the neoprene sleeve). this means that a sideways tilt and your $300 device could go flying, or your silicon case gets ruined from the excessive stretching. i've been thinking about adding a button or velcro to the top, but haven't brought myself to that point yet.



for now, this is a great at-home case, but probably not the best choice for someone who will travel frequently with their kindle.

I use an iFrogz Luxe Case on my Kindle, which is nice and lightweight when reading, but doesn't cover the screen, so I needed a little extra protection for storage and transport. Most of the sleeves that I looked at seemed to be barely big enough to slide the Kindle in or out, which mean the iFrogz case wouldn't fit. But the reviews on this Built NY sleeve mentioned it wasn't that snug, so I gave it a try. The Kindle in the iFrogz case fits perfectly into this sleeve. It slips in and out with just enough resistance to keep it from sliding out accidentally, but not so much you have to force it. This slim case/sleeve combo is perfect for tucking into my purse, camera case, or messenger bag while I'm out and about. - Covers - Kindle - Kindle Accessory - Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information