Wednesday 31 August 2011

Yoga Bag - yoga accessories, bag


This bag is well made and has a cute design, but I have the standard purple Gaiam yoga mat and the bag is not long enough to close over the mat so the end sticks out. And since the bag is made out of 100% cotton, I'm nervous if the mat will fit at all after the first wash. It's still better than carrying my mat uncovered, but you'd think they'd have considered adding an extra inch or two of fabric so it would fit most mats. I'm a little disappointed. Gaiam Embroidered Yoga Mat Bag (Dragon Fly)

I was a little worried when I read the reviews for various Gaiam mat bags. It seems that a lot of people have trouble fitting their mats into the bag.

I really liked the look of this bag, so I went ahead and got it. My Wai Lana yoga mat fits perfectly!

I will say this, the bag is more of a natural color than white, but I've gotten a lot of compliments on it at the yoga studio where I practice. The pocket is also pretty big. It will hold your keys and ipod/cell phone with no problem.

All in all, I've been very satisfied with this purchase.

This bag is very pretty and the coordinating mat is a lovely match. I only gave it 4 stars because it doesn't quite fit the yoga mat. It may stretch over time, but it was a bit of a pain to get the bag closed over it.



That being said, it is easy to carry, holds the mat, and looks quite lovely while doing so.



If you own yoga bricks or other accessories, this bag will not fit them. It will fit a small wallet or cell phone in the front pocket, so this bag is ideal if you travel light!

I just received this bag, so haven't seen it in action yet. The pink embroidery detail is much brighter pink than it appears to be in the image. It fits my standard sticky mat well with a bit of room to spare. A word of caution...I have read that it will shrink in the wash and that the mat will stick out of the top. I like the fabric and the pocket for keys, essentials. I also like the adjustable strap and the way it hangs close to the body when carrying.

I like my bag which is why I put 3 stars - but the negative reviews are unfortunately true. The bag isn't as creamy as it shows but is tinged a greenish hue, it is too small to close over a yoga mat so I wouldn't wash it in hot water or stick it in the dryer. I actually bought a mat based on one of the reviewers recommendations which I thought would fit but turns out the bag is still too snug to close completely over the mat leaving about 3" inches in diameter open. It's really designed for a slim smaller mat so a 1/4 " mat wouldn't fit it.



Other than that, if you can stand a snug bag that is a bit off color it's good. The design is attractive, pink embroidery is cute, the cotton fabric is soft and sturdy, and the little zipper pouch comes handy.

I bought this bag to hold the Gaiam printed yoga mat, in matching Dragon Fly. The bag is so pretty and my mat fits inside perfectly. The bag is made out of a soft canvas/cotton material and is a natural color with pretty pink embroidery. It's a lovely bag, very happy I purchased it.

I got this yoga bag for my wife. It is very high quality and very nice looking. The only complaint I have is that it seems a little short such that the mat sticks out a little from the end (standard size yoga mat). Other than that, a great yoga mat bag. - Gaiam - Bag - Yoga Accessories - Yoga Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information