Tuesday 30 August 2011

Photography - battery, nikon


Got this battery some time last week. It came in a very un-assuming box but it's more about the product than the packaging right?

Put it in my Nikon charger and in about 1hr it was fully charged and ready to go.

Went out on Mothers Day and used this battery for the whole day. I am pleased to report that I left my D90 on just about all day and took around 300 photos - some with flash, but most without, and the battery meter read 3 bars(?)at the end of the day!

I was bit leary at first because it was not a "Nikon" battery,and there's no way to tell that it will last as long after multiple charges, but I can honestly say that I'm pretty pleased, and at half the cost it seems to work just as well as the name brand... so far. EN-EL3e Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery for Nikon Digital SLR D700, D300, D200, D90, D80 Digital Camera

This battery is approximately 1/2 the price of an OEM battery and performs just as well. It's "life" in use may be a bit shorter BUT I got over 2500 shots at a fast pitch softball tournament a few days ago and it still shows 1/2 charge. The Nikon battery showed 1/2 charge after 3000 photos. A very good purchase for the price!

Bought this spare battery for my Nikon D90 over a month ago. Have swapped between it and the OEM battery probably 10-12 times & have had no problems. May not hold a charge quite as long as the OEM but difference is minimal at best. Would highly recommend this battery as a spare especially for the price. Don't know about overall life expectancy since I have only had it a month.

I got this battery as a spare because it was cheap. I freaked when I charged and tried it out. My d90 at first had no connectivity and no juice. So I looked close at the 3 metal leads. One was compressed into the battery too far.



Long story short, I took a knife to it and bent it out a little farther. The camera connected but didn't register a full charge.



With some fenangling, the battery worked. Though it lacks the ability to hold a full charge from the begining. No more no-name batteries.

Not only did the D90 refuse to power up with this battery, it's mechanical fit in the battery holder was so tight I had to dig into the case with the tip of a pocket knife to pull it out. This battery is utter crap!

I bought this as a spare for my D90, but it will not work with it. Compared to my OEM battery that came with the D90, the configurations on the back are different. It appears to work okay on a D300. I will be giving this away. You get what you pay for.

I have a Nikon D90. This battery doesn't work in the camera. It would be reasonably priced if the item worked. Going off brand is always a bit of a crap-shoot, and this one didn't pan out. Buyer beware, at least if you have a D90. It charges, but camera isn't able to use it.

I figured, hey why spend $40-$50 on Nikon Batteries when I can get one for less than $10.



Unfortunately, I ran into problems with my Nikon D90 while using these batteries. Lens Auto-focus stopped working intermittently, Aperture settings and controls would not change, could not turn off the camera etc. Resolved in the field by taking the battery out and reinserting.



Bought some official Nikon batteries and haven't had a problem since. - Camera Batteries - Battery - Nikon - En-el3e'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information