Wednesday 31 August 2011

Playstation Eye - usb cables, usb cable


Review of MonoPrice MP-CA3020U USB 2.0 Extension Cable - 10 meter



Solved the problem. Previously I had 30+ feet of passive USB cables connecting a Brother multifunction laser to a desktop PC. The printer function always worked reliably but the scanner function was sensitive to which PC USB port was used (Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard). When I replaced that PC, none of the USB ports on the new desktop PC allowed the scanner function to work (Asus P5N32-E SLI motherboard). This active USB extension cable solved the problem.



Just plugged it in and it worked. No hassle. XP 32-bit.



[...]. USB 2.0 Active Extension / Repeater Cable A Male to A Female (10 Meters)

Bought this cable in order to place my USB net adapter in a better location. My computer is in a different building from my Verizon Actiontech router at the house, about 150 feet away. Even through timber-frame walls & a garage door, this arrangement has worked well for me. Without it, my connection was terrible, unusable, but now it's stable & works fine because I can move it to any location, right out the building if I wanted to. And there's no noticeable loss because of cable length as it's an active extension. A nifty solution if you're having router connection-distance issues.

I have a LifeCam VX-5000 HD webcam on the end of it and never had a dropped frame. Excellent. I did try to use a non powered 2.0 hub shared with a printer and it didn't do so well. If you have a powered hub or its own separate port you should have no problems.

I planned to use the hub as an extension for a USB hub so I could use my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and camera on the HD LCD in the living room, from the PC in my office. The "active" cable is not active enough and the camera only takes partial shots and then gets chopped. Lots of dropped packets from the keyboard and mouse as well. I use a 15 foot active cable (a different brand) with a 15 foot passive pass through, and everything works fine. This seems to work for low speed devices which is why I gave it a 2 star instead of 1 star - but don't expect much. The only good thing is Amazon.prime shipped it free and fast.

There has been some recent debate regarding the ability to use this with the Kinect for an extension, rather than paying $50 for a slightly longer cable. Let me settle it by saying **this extension works flawlessly**. I bought the Kinect sensor by itself, rather with the X-Box 360 slim as a kit. When you buy the Kinect by itself, you will have a cord that has an AC-adapter, kinect plug-in (female), and a USB-plug in (male).



How to make it work:

1. Plug this USB cable extension into your X-Box 360 (I used the front port, but any should work).

2. Plug the AC adapter from the Kinect-conversion cable into the wall

3. Connect the USB extension to the Kinect-conversion cable.

4. Plug the male end of the Kinect cable into the conversion-cable.

5. Power on your X-Box and you should see a message indicating that it has been detected.



After all of my trials, I cannot see a latency issue between using the USB 2.0 extension cable and plugging the Kinect directly into the X-Box 360. Although there is bound to be a few differences in speed, it is CERTAINLY not an issue for any games you'll be playing. There will be a little bit of a lag issue, but that is due to the insane amount of processing that must be done to determine where you are standing relative to the game. This works perfectly!

I was skeptical, USB 2.0 is not supposed to work passed 16 feet due to timing issues. After that it needs to be repeated, and can be repeated about three times limited only by power. This means that this cable would need a device in the middle to repeat, but it doesn't have one. I suspect that some things will work, and some will not.



I plugged in a good webcam, the Logitech 9000 Pro and it worked like a charm. For two days. The port on the Dlink hub we were using failed. Light went out, dead port. But the other ports still work and moving this to another port got it working again. Now, the USB hub could have just failed on its' own, but there is always a reason. I do not know if it is a "fault" of this cable, but I think it pulls too much power and overloaded that port, causing it to fail.



I'd be leery about devices that use a lot of power, especially the USB 2.0 limit of 500 milliamps. Timing wise, the camera video looks fine, with no noticeable delay and rock-solid connection.



At this price, it certainly was worth it to try it out.

pretty solid cable. I hooked a web cam up to this so I can see when the neighborhood kids hang on my gate (refer to my review on electric fencing for a suitable solution to this) The camera works but I'm not sure how well this usb length handles other gadgets.

When i got the this item and plugged it in. worked great, had no problems...for about 2 weeks. i was on the computer and had been for about 3 hours then i lost connection. after going though and looking everything over, i found that it was something in the cable that had failed. i contacted the seller and promted for a refund and they replyed within the hour. LEAVE TIME TO TEST AND RETURN IT, if needed. the seller has been great through the whole ordeal, i believe it is a great product and i just happend to get one that filed. i would have promted for an exchange but i had found another way to do my layout, so i no longer really needed. i would recamend to keep the repeater part in a fairly cool area. it was a great product when it was working and they repeot that this is the first failure out of a lot of 4000+. again the company has been great in being in touch with me about my refund and have not given any sign of problem, they have been kind and polite tho whole time. they even called me to get more feed back. so atleast give it a try and if something is wrong then you can atleast be rest asured that they will fix what ever is wrong and make sure you are 100% pleased. - Webcam - Active - Usb Cable - Usb Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information