Saturday 30 April 2011

Ankle Socks - fruit of the loom


I ordered these to wear when I go to the gym. I personally find them to be kind of rough (definitely not soft) and easy to stretch out. However they don't ride down so that's a plus. For use at the gym or outdoors, they're fine. Nothing praiseworthy, nothing terrible. Fruit of the Loom Women's 6-Pack No-Show Socks,White,Size 4-10

I bought these socks because I wanted some new pairs for everyday use, including walking the dog. First thing I noticed is that they are paper thin: there isn't much to them. That's fine, I went cheap so it's to be expected. Second thing I noticed, the elasticity is almost non-existant: I think I broke the thread or whatever held it together the first time I opened the sock to put on. Again, I know I paid for cheap socks so they were still doing their job in my book. The thing that killed it for me was when I went to walk the dog today, and partway through our walk I could feel that my toes were hurting from rubbing against the cheap material. I walk my dog 4-5 days a week on the same route--I am not overweight or out of shape, and today was the first day where my toes were in pain after we got home. I think I may be getting blisters from the uncomfortable fabric of those socks.



In the end, they're not that expensive, but if you plan on doing any sort of extended activity that requires walking/moving, be warned that the inner material might cause you some discomfort if you're used to wearing better/average socks normally. These things are not even worth buying because of the price, just save yourself the hassle and get better socks!

I wear size 6 shoe, and these socks supposedly made for sizes 4-10 were too big. I am not sure they would have been very comfortable even if I had bigger feet. I will stick with the ones they sell at Costco from now on. They aren't any more expensive, but way better quality and fit.

I walk/jog a few miles everyday, and these socks were too thin and too scratchy to get the job done. They are not soft at all, nor thick enough to prevent blisters. I only wear them when nothing else is clean.

after the day is through you will notice how baggy and stretched out these socks feel. I have some champion socks that are similar and they stay on your feet and don't stretch out and slide all around your foot. they were inexpensive and cover my foot, but that's really not worth it to me.

I like a sock that hugs your foot with a little spandex in it...these feel like a bag around your foot...

but they are socks so I'm not to bent outta shape about it. - Fruit Of The Loom'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information