Friday 29 April 2011

Wire Hose Clamps - dust collection, wire hose clamps


Clamps are great. Small issues with a few but nothing unexpected. That is until you realize that the standard shipping alone is more than the product cost. $7.70 to standard ship a $6.99 product?

This bear bites!! READ THE FINE PRINT FIRST..... Grizzly H5357 10 Pack 4" Wire Hose Clamps

It is mildly annoying that Grizzly uses such a strange price/shipping price structure (as others point out), but this review is based on the final price of getting them to my porch.



For ten of them, I think it's a good deal (at time of writing). Mine all function properly without any missing hardware. I'm big on high quality items, but I can't imagine why one would need these to be higher quality. They are just basic hose clamps. I recommend them (at least if you ever think you need more than 4 of them).

I looked at these and the other 4" hose clamps Amazon is selling and couldn't tell a difference other than a huge one in the price, so I ordered 50 of these for a new dust collection system. They came quickly and work fine. Several out of the 50 had some problems, mostly missing the small washer at the screw end, which is easy to find a replacement for.



I don't see how Jet can charge almost almost $5 for one of these clamps when Grizzly charges $5.90 for 10. Even with the shipping you come out way ahead. If you compare the pics close they look exactally the same. Save your money and buy the Grizzly.

A DUST-COLLECTION SYSTEM IS A MUST FOR ANY WORKSHOP. THE COST OF BUILDING SUCH A UNIT CAN BE DAUNTING.



THIS IS A GREAT VALUE AND, AS SUCH, MAKES IT THAT MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE TO PUT TOGETHER A DUST-COLLECTION SYSTEM TO ENHANCE THE AIR-QUALITY AND SAFETY OF YOUR SHOP.



AS FOR THE CLAMPS THEMSELVES, I REALLY LIKE THEM. I USED A COMBINATION OF THESE HOSE-CLAMPS AND THE "OLD-SCHOOL" HOSE CLAMPS (THE TYPE TYPICALLY USED ON RADIATOR HOSES) AND I PREFERRED THIS STYLE.

I purchased these clamps after having one of them come on my Grizzly Dust Collector. They work VERY well and the price is right.



I found additional uses beyond connecting 4" hoses from my woodworking machines to the dust collector. One is my dryer hose, which until I got these was always working its way off the dryer or the outlet. Once I used these clamps... no more issue (Which pleased my wife because our laundry room would get unbelievably hot and humid whenever the damn hose came off!)



GREAT PRODUCT... and much better than other clamps I have used. (Also available in 2 1/2" size as well (which I also have purchased). - Cleaning Tools - Wire Hose Clamps - Dust Collection - Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information