Friday 29 April 2011

Ipad Accessory - iphone cable, apple


Do not, repeat, do not buy this. It is NOT Compatible with Ipad.



After hooking up my desktop to my Ipad using this cable it just kept making a sync sound. Called Apple support, told that the cable I purchased is 1) defective or 2) must be an unauthorized cable and is not compatible with IPAD AND if I continue to use it, it will void my warranty.



So there you have it...Trying to get refund now. Oriongadgets Sync & Charge USB Cable for Apple iPad (White)

I purchased 3 of the sync cables so we had extra ones for the iPhone, iPod, and iPad. It works fine to use this as power cables however, the iPad syncing didn't work. I guess it reds a better kind of wire for data transfers. For charging and using with other iProducts, these cables are fine. Just don't use it to sync your iPad.

Not certain why all the negative feedback.



My 2 units arrived in brand new condition, well packaged, and are Apple branded (must be OEM).



The cables are clearly labeled Apple, the cables have the same texture and feel as the original Apple 3 ft cable.

The Apple connector is the small original version with the icon printed on it. Molding is firm and not flimsy.



If the cable is inferior to the Apple cable, it must be in the gauge of wire used inside, as it is slightly a stiffer feel than the original Apple cable. This is the ONLY noticable difference. I recommend this cable.



Absolutely sync's no problem as soon as it is plugged into a PC's USB port with iTunes - functions as normal.



Cable charges when plugged into the Apple AC USB power cube-10watt or 5watt(5 watts cubes charge iPad very slowly, unless iPad is powered off during charge)



Cable does NOT charge iPad (64GB 3G model used) when connected to a PC's USB 2.0 port.

NOTE: This is NOT a problem with the cable. Most USB 2.0 ports do not have enough power to charge the iPad, especially laptops.

Newer desktop PC MotherBoards with high-power Power Supplies can utilize double power to motherboard.

If you have a high-power USB 2.0 port, and are not running in sleep/hibernation/low-power save mode/turned off, this should charge. If you have a USB 3.0 power port, this should also charge, provided PC MB is NextGen.



I recommend this cable as a spare, backup or for a travel bag. Especially for the price under $1.



Cons: not available in a 6 foot version.

The cable seems to be slightly thinner than the Apple original, but it works very well and charges my iPad in the same amount of time as the original cable. I have been using it for about a month now and it is working great.

The cord looks just like the one that came with the iPad and is way less expensive. BUT it seems to be just a tiny bit off with the plug in on the iPad. It's always nice to have a back up, but I will continue to use the original cord when ever possible.

I have iPod, iPad and iPhone and charging and synchronizing at my computer and at electric outlets at nights requires multiple locations of connectors to avoid unplugging and plugging at different locations. I bought this in addition to the ones came with each Apple product and this works fine. It came without s&h charges, which I loved. - Iphone Cable - Chargers - Apple - Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information