Saturday 30 April 2011

Garmin Nuvi 255w - gps case, case logic


I purchased this case for the Garmin 760. I'm not sure why the other reviewer mentioned it did not fit the 760

but my brand new Garmin 760 fits perfectly inside with extra space! There is 1 inch of extra room on the top and 1/4" on each side. and plenty of room on top to close the zippered lid. All this while slipped into the mesh screened pocket inside.

It came with a soft cloth and wrist strap with a swivel clasp to connect to the case.

This is an awesome case with a little extra room for a memory card and protective shields. Case Logic GPSP-2 Professional GPS Case for 4.3-Inch Flatscreen GPS Navigators

I'm very pleased with my choice. I wanted something that would protect our new gps and this does the job very well. The case is very hard and zippers the gps screen in. Eliminating the possibility of it sliding out of it's case. A lot of the cases I looked at didn't mention the exact gps model we purchased, which has the larger 4.3 inch screen (garmin nuvi, 255W). This case does the job, very well. I looked at purchasing a case that would hold everything, but each one I found wasn't large enough. So,I decided to get this small case, which can also be carried in one's purse. When we get to our destination, we place the screen in the case and everything else (friction stand and connection cord) in a tote bag I already had, which keeps everything together. This has worked out great and a lot cheaper too!

This product has a few negative reviews and after receiving it from Amazon I have no idea why. First of all it is a stiff case. It's slightly flexible but still rigid enough to provide good protection for the GPS unit and everything else inside. I was amazed that I was able to fit the GPS unit, the car charger cord, the suction mount and the adapter for my Nuvi 760 all in the bag and it zipped up easily! It's just big enough to fit everything required for the GPS without any extra bulk to take up space in your suit case, laptop bag, glove box, etc.



The GPS unit slips out of the inside pocket easily and there is a bit extra padding next to the pocket to keep the screen on the GPS from getting crushed.



Excellent product and I'm glad I didn't let the negative reviews sway me from purchasing it!

This case is a useful accessory for any 4.3-inch, flat-screen GPS unit like my Garmin Nuvi 760. The price at $20 may be higher than some, but it is much more secure and protective than the Garmin cases, which are more like wallet/sleeves than cases. It also has an attractive, modern look to it.



Inside, there is a web netting dividing the interior, which could be used to carry notes, cash or the micro-fiber cloth that comes with it. The case is semi-rigid, and has two substantial stainless-steel zippers to secure it closed. This case will not pop upon and expell your GPS. A wrist strap is attached with a stainless-steel clasp; also an aid to preventing accidental damage by dropping the unit.



Highly recommended. Remember, it's only 4% of the cost of a $250 GPS

This case fits my Garmin nuvi 260W with room to spare at the top. The hard outer shell is well constructed, but no padding inside. A side mesh pocket holds the gps in place and a cleaning cloth is included. There are 2 elastic bands that keep the case from opening fully, but they are designed to keep the gps from sliding out the sides.



The case arrives wrapped in plastic, and the carry strap and cleaning cloth are held in place by a plastic tie which must be cut to use.

I really needed this case to keep my Garmin in. I don't tend to be the most organized person. This has many little pouches inside it to keep everything seperate so you can get to it. I have a 4.3 inch screen and the biggest pouch could hold it. Then there are smaller pouches for the cords along with little Velcro strips to keep your cords wrapped up.



I love that the individual pouches all have Velcro on the back of them so they will stick to the walls of the big case. When you open it the stuff doesn't all come tumbling out at you. Lastly, I am so happy with the fact that the case is hard. It's not hard plastic - but it's in no way a soft squishable case. It's perfect for me.



I would definitely recommend this product.

Saw this case at Target in the GPS section and thought it would fit my Nikon S52. Was not quite sure but bought it anyway. Fit perfict ..camera AND extra battery. Can't say enough for the sale price of $15. Feels like a piece of luggage: strong and sturdy. Love it for its non-intended purpose. A muti-tasker...

Case Logic has been setting standards for years in the area of protective cases, and they've done it again with this product. Sharp appearance, and ample protection. I should know. Ol' 'butter fingers' here has dropped his Case Logic case (with navigator inside) twice now, both times on hard surfaces. The outer case is rigid and protective. I am not sure just how much of a jolt it could absorb while protecting your unit from damage, but feel confident it would be more that the 30" to 40" drops I've subjected it to. There is a mesh net pocket on the inside to further secure your unit. Comes with a dual zipper opening, an optical quality cloth to clean your unit's touchscreen, and a clip-attachable lanyard for easy, secure transportation. Now...if we can just get 'butter fingers' to use the lanyard... ;-) - Gps - Gps Case - Nuvi Case - Case Logic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information