Friday 29 April 2011

Computer Accessories - cable management, organization


I'm sorry to disagree with all the positive reviewers, but these were a disappointment. Maybe mine were manufactured on a day that the sticky-stuff machine was broken. These little things want to do a good job, but they just didn't stick. Not only will the sticky stuff fail if you yank on the cord, they also fail without any provocation whatsoever. I stuck one on the desk near my computer, and when I came back into the room less than 12 hours later it had lifted off the surface. The cable was keeping the clip from falling on the floor, not the other way around. These clips are mocking me; I just know it! Blue Lounge Design CableDrop Cable Management System (Muted)

So simple there is nothing to go wrong. They hold strong and i take cords in and out of them all day. Each unit holds multiple cords at one time. Elegant in its simplicity. The only reason i did not give them 5 stars is: 1 they are not reusable; 2 They come in unattractive colors. But complaining is just not major problems and is really just nitpicking. Buy them.

These are incredibly handy. We are using them in a couple of places around the house to keep charging cables handy. A couple of phone charging cables easily fit in the clip. If you are using it for cables for your laptop, you can only fit one network cable or usb cable comfortably in each. Not a big deal though as I just ziptied the 3 cables together and then only put the network cable in the clip. The sticky backs hold well and do not seem to leave any mark or residue when I moved one of them.

These simple rubber buttons, with adhesive backing, are so great. They go where you need them, I put one on my car dashboard so phone charging cabble end doesn't drop on floor when not in use. I've also mounted one on TV stand to hold headphone cable end when I'm not using headphones for late night viewing of TV (via audio cable hookup).



Just a smart, 'why didn't I think of that!' idea for a product.



One small deatail. You have to pull up on cable from plug tip end when pushing into rubber center, nips/ ends are sort of closed off too much, but means cable(s) stay put, once inside.

The CABLEDROP from Bluelounge is a great little product which fills a need in this modern world of many charger or other cables laying on our desks between uses. i purchased one set and, between my desk and my wife's desk, we used all 6 so I ordered another package. It really helped clean up the desktops. Some cables, such as USB cables to synchronize PDAs etc., which I had kept in drawers, now also hang virtually out of sight but ready for use at the side of my desk.



Norm

What I received seems like a cheap knock-off. The colors weren't what's pictured, the packaging was clearly not Blue Lounge, and most importantly - they fell off after a hour (or less.) As someone else pointed out, the sticker came off the plastic clip, not the thing you were trying to stick it to, as you'd expect if the sticker were bad.



Might actually be the first thing I return to Amazon.

This product is advertised as a "cable management system", but it's really just a set of 6 flexible plastic clips for securing cables to a surface. Though they seem to work fine so far, they're hardly a *system*. They do accommodate multiple thin cables, so you can use one clip to hold a Macbook power cable and two USB cables. Each clip will hold only one network (CAT6) cable. The adhesive works fine, and I'm not concerned about it marking up my furniture.

I'd give these at least four stars except that the colors are *not* pretty. The "bright" version of this product had colors that seemed garish, so I went with "muted". The colors like nice on the website, but "in person" the white is dull, almost beige, the red color is a dull copper, and the dark color is coffee-stain brown. They're more blah than muted, like office decor from the 1970s. This is worth considering. - Computer Accessories - Organization - Cable Management - Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information