Friday 29 April 2011

Doorknobs - kwikset


I consider myself a step above novice when it comes to fixing things around the house - I can rescreen a window or door screen, I can put up weather stripping on my windows, and now I can say that I can change door knobs. All you really need is a screwdriver, and within 15 minutes you too can have new door knobs in your house. The Kwikset Juno Passage Knobs are well made, turn smoothly, and most importantly, look good. I will update within a year to update on how well they hold up with two toddlers constantly yanking and playing with them... In the meantime, Highly Recommended! Kwikset 720J 15 CP Juno Hall/Closet Knob, Satin Nickel

I really was impressed with these knobs. The picture does not do them justice. These knobs are substantial in size, measuring slightly over 2" in width, so they are a nice handful. The finish is brushed nickel, you can visibly see the brush strokes from eight feet away. They look like they should have cost more.



I had a slight bit of trouble installing. As these are a larger knob, trying to place the screwdriver to tighten was a bit tricky due to the angle of the screw placement but was doable.

I am very happy with my purchase of the Kwikset Juno Venetian Bronze door knobs for my home. I am in the process of replacing all the door knobs in my home with these. What a difference and a quick way to spruce up the look of your home. My home had Kwikset brass knobs originally installed by the builder and after many years they looked dated and worn. The new knobs have drastically cleaned up the look of my home and actually make my doors look new again. I like they have a matte finish to them and are not glossy. They have a low, flat profile and do not stick out like the giant ball shaped brass knobs I replaced.



I purchased several of the passage knobs, dummy knobs, and lock knobs. No problems with install as I was able to easily remove the old ones and replace with these. I chose to go with Kwikset for ease of use since my home already had Kwikset knobs. I did not have to do any cutting of wood, it was an easy swap.

I just purchased this door knob to see if I liked it enough to replace the very cheap knobs the home builder installed. I also wanted to replace the solid brass finish with polished nickel to update the look of my home.



For the price this is a very well contructed door knob.



One thing I should note is the way this knob attaches to the door the screws are sunk in so that instead of seeing the screws you see 2 open holes. This does make it easier to install the knob but looks like there are no screws in it. It is a little different looking but I have no problem with the look.



I liked it enough I will be replacing all my door knobs and locks with this style.

Liked the keyed handset, this was really easy to install. Instead of having to screw the retaining screws in all the way, you click the screws in and then tighten no more than 1/4 inch.



High manufacturing quality.



I'll buy again.

I looked everywhere for this product and fortunately found it on Amazon. The rustic bronze finish is amazing and just this small detail made quite an improvement on the bedroom doors in my house. The directions for installing were easy to understand, allowed for a variety of scenarios, and I installed them myself. They function very smoothly and quietly.

We got this because my son removed the door knob from my daughters door so the little ones would not go in and mess up her room. He lost the screws, NICE! So....I was looking for something cheap with no lock. I was looking for cheap because he had to buy the replacement. Before you judge me, you have no idea how many things my son had "fixed" for me in the last two weeks! So, it was time to learn a lesson! This doorknob is a very poor design. the screws are tightened on the inside so it takes a long time to find the right fit. Then when you finally get it on and turn the knob it falls off! NO FUN! I am returning it. - Kwikset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information