Saturday 30 April 2011

Electric Stapler - pencil sharpener, bostitch


Of course, I cannot guarantee myself or others about the longevity of this product, but I have been very impressed considering the price. My old sharpener was probably a decade old. This one is much more modern and clean in appearance.



Furthermore, it puts a beautiful tip on the end of the pencil. One of the two I purchased is used by multiple people, and it is going great a month into service. The second one is for my home desk. This does not feel like a single digit item. I would purchase while the price is low, especially if you combine it with free Prime Shipping or Discount Shipping.



Recommended. At this price, if it doesn't last as long as I hope, I will not be heartbroken. However, the sharpener is heavy in weight, and I think it may surprise me. Stanley Bostitch QuietSharp Executive Electric Pencil Sharpener (EPS8HD-BLK)

So i read all the negative reviews but I said to myself, how could any company design a bad sharpener after decades of sharpeners right? Well, guess what? This is absolutley the worst sharpener i've ever encountered, but at the same time it looks great! so if you want a 2 pound paper weight then go right ahead and buy this : )



I opened the box, pluged it in.. first off there is only one blade, and you'd think that sould be enough rihgt? well, it turns out, it only sharpens one side of the pencil exposing the lead tip.... so you figure you could just rotate while you sharpen right? but you can't because you have to push so hard that the pencil will slip out of your fingers.. what a pain. So after trying this for 5 pencils, on my 6th pencil (none of the tips were cut correctly) it stapped sharpening pencils all together! So i returned it. I'm gonna fork over about $50 for a double blade sharpener like I should have to begin with.



Don't say you wasen't warned.

I had great hopes for this sharpener but I am disappointed. You have to push pretty hard on the pencil to activate the cutters. The sharpener makes a high pitched squealing sound as it sharpens which is very annoying. The auto-stop feature is shaky. There is no way to really know when the pencil is done. Just have to keep checking it, same as any other sharpener. I would not buy this again.

This sharpener stopped working not long after purchase. I called Bostitch to request a replacement and found their return policy expenditure laden, with an exorbitant turn around time which deepens customer inconvenience for faulty products. The price to ship item back along with a two month turn around is not worth the effort. Largely disappointing was Bostitch's lack of customer friendly product support. Clearly they will only stand behind a defected product only after swimming through a sea of red tape. NO MORE BOSTITCH products for our company! BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Only sharpens one side, leaving wood on the other side. I returned it, and the replacement had the same problem. It does an unbelievable bad job of its sole function. This product should be removed from the market.

I got this sharpener from a teacher who was about to throw it away. Believeing its parts could be of some use to a student, he asked the (tech)class if anyone would like it, so I got it that way - used, secondhand and broken. I took it home cleaned it up real nice, replaced some wiring, and fired it up, and... it worked!!

It is by far one of the best pencil sharpeners on the market today. The sharpening mechanism, and motor are mounted horrizontaly instead of vertically. (the verticaly positioned sharpeners break sooner than the horrozontal ones)

I just think it is well worth the price for a name brand sharpener, espcially what I paid, lol. - Electric Sharpener - Bostitch - Office Supplies - Pencil Sharpener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information