Friday 29 April 2011

Childhood Memories - board game, games


I've been playing Trouble since I was a kid and it's still fun to play with my brothers and my niece. You push down on the middle part of the game with the dice in it and the dice will 'pop' and give you a number, telling you how many spaces to move. The first person to get their four pieces around the board and to their base, wins. If you land on a space where one of your opponent's pieces are already at, they will have to start all over with that piece. For that reason, some kids might get mad if they have to start over, but that's the only thing that I see that anyone wouldn't like about Trouble.Playing Trouble can teach kids some counting skills and maybe even some sportsmanship after you teach them not to get mad because they're not winning everytime. Trouble is a lot of fun and I recommend anybody to get it. Trouble Board Game

I think even young children will enjoy this game. My daughter was under 4 when we started, but she loves the counting aspect of the game. It's great for number recognition skills because you make them say the number on the die outloud as they "roll." The only rule I don't like is that you need a "6" to start. Often that makes the beginning a bit slow if no one gets a 6. Once things get going, it's a lot of fun and easy to play. The thing in the middle is harder to push than it looks, so for very young children, they may not be strong enough to push it. 3-4 year olds should have no problem though and it makes a satisfying pop. A fun and easy game -- avoid if your child still puts small plastic pieces in his mouth though.

"I sat hunkered over the board. Five years old, and a "Trouble" champion. My brother stared me down. At eight years old, he knew how to intimidate. My glass of chocolate milk quivered in my nervous hands..." --me... circa 1971 or 1972The sheer delight of a simple game will be satisfying as you see your children pop on the plastic bubble to 'toss the dice.' And you'll smile as you know those dice won't be easily lost. Milton Bradley were smart to use such a creative device without losing an ounce of fun.Easy to learn, keeps a child's attention, and just plain good 'ol fun.My brother usually beat me. But I went at the game as intensely as Michael Jordan plays basketball.I fully recommend "Trouble."Anthony Trendl

I'm a 27 year old mother of 3. I remember loving this game when I was a kid. I was so dissapointed when I opened this game. I couldn't believe how cheesey it is. You can barely 'POP' the dice. And when my kids POP the bubble all the game pieces fly around. Plus the bottom of the game has a pop in piece of cardboard. Shouldn't the bottom be covered with hard plastic??



I also wish there was something to hold all the pieces because my kids (like many others) abuse the box and all of the pieces fall out and get lost.

****Can't the board game makers start making harder cases or Tins so we all don't have a stack of smashed boxes and missing pieces.



The game itself is fun...but I ended up throwing it away because pieces got lost way to fast.

I have a hard time finding a game my daughters will both agree on. When I found Trouble, I found relief! It's one game they agree on and the whole family can get into the action. The die helped my youngest learn to recognize her numbers. What a wonderful family game. My hat's off to you Amazon for selling this game and thank you Hasbro for making such a wonderful family game!

When "I'm bored" rings out, this is a great toy. One of those ones everyone can play together, without sitting mesmerised at a computer or video screen. A good one to take away on holidays too - it gets packed first in our house.

I like many other adults rember this game from when I was a child. My wife and I purchased it as a Christmas gift for our kids. My kids love the game, and have they have lots of fun playing it. Educationally they learn to count and strategize as part of the game(which piece to move, what pieces are at risk).



The construction of the game seems quite flimsy compared to the game I had as a young boy. The kids have to really push down on the bubble to get the die to jump.



Another interesting note, this isn't a complaint, just an observation. With four players the game takes a little longer to play, all four of us were knocking opposing players back to home every few turns. This didn't seem to bother the kids too much, they enjoyed forcing their siblings pieces home, but it happened so often that I commented to my wife that the game might take all day...



Overall the game is fun and the kids enjoy playing it. Sometimes a player can get stuck waiting for a six (we allow 1 and 6 to speed up the game), and there are some games where everyone keeps getting their game pieces sent home, in games like that my kids begin to stop sending other players pieces home. The quality of the product itself is rather cheap, and the little ones have to push the bubble with both hands to get it to pop but I wouldn't let that stop me from purchasing this game.

I always loved this game when I was little - and the fact that my daughter also enjoys it now makes this a special toy for us to share. My four-year old really gets into it. Sometimes the pop-o-matic thing in the center is too hard for her to push. If she has to put a lot of pressure on it, the game pieces can become dislodged. She has learned a lot about counting and strategy - I think the educational value is high. And on a sweeter note, she's learning manners and sportsmanship in a really gentle way. As much as she loves to send her mommy back "home" she always notes "that it's just part of the game".

This is the one game we enjoy playing with our 6 year old -who is a very sore loser. But this game is so much fun, he doesn't mind if he loses. It's great for counting skills and really tests a kid's patience. The pop up dice is fun, too. - Games - Trouble - Childhood Memories - Board Game'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information