Friday 29 April 2011

Celebrity Endorsement - indoor grill, george foreman


Was looking to replace my older foreman grill that died after 2-years, most of the new medium/large foreman grills are 72-square inches, a few are 84-inches and larger and twice the price of this one. This grill is listed as 1000w and cooks meats, fish, pork, hotdogs perfectly, only small issue is sometimes bread or fish will stick to the surface, lightly use non-stick spray on the grill beforehand to avoid it.



The gill can hold two burgers and nothing more as the surface is little small, it's good for 1-2 persons. The grease drips down on the plastic tray and heat disperses out of the back, no smoke problems, have not had any issues cooking anything on it. Has removable plates which is a huge bonus, after grilling, wipe them down when there still hot with a sponge and soap, let it sit in the sink and all the grease/junk, etc will come off easily. Don't put them in a dishwasher. Also, do not use metal pads as the coating will come off. The plates snap back on very easy too. Used this 20 times with no issues of the plates falling off or unable to put back on.



My only complaint is george foreman needs to make this grill bigger to cook 4 burgers at once and all new models should have not only removable plates, but reversible.



EDIT 9/18/09

After using this grill for about 30 times now, the coating is wearing off and everything is sticking to it. Have not used anything abrasive, just a sponge and soap. unit is going back to the store.

won't drip into the drip tray, instead all the grease wraps around the underside and drips all over the counter. cooks fine, but takes twice as long to clean up the mess as it takes to cook. tried to get ahold of the company and they offered no help whatsoever. won't buy again, even tho i loved my original model (which i can't seem to find anymore).

We got this grill to replace an older model Foreman Grill (with no removable plates) that had finally given up the ghost. It's a little small, but cooks most things just fine, with one glaring, horrible exception: BACON. The few times I've cooked bacon on this grill, I've had to deal with an enormous puddle of hot grease that stubbornly refused to flow into the drip try. After some careful drip tray monitoring, I can only assume that the grill's removable plate design creates alternative channels to help hot bacon grease flow onto my countertop, instead of into the drip tray. Thus leaving me with the entertaining chore of wiping up grease from all over my kitchen countertop and from the bottom of the grill itself. So if you choose to buy this grill, DO NOT COOK BACON ON IT. Unless you need to grease up your countertop.

This unit is defective right out of the box. It drips everywhere and makes a huge mess, while staining my white countertops. I had the original Foreman grill and that thing worked like a charm, only it was too old and things started to stick so I decided to upgrade. What a letdown. I would give it zero stars if I could.

This is a great product overall. It does the job of indoor, low fat grilling in a convenient and easy way. I've read other reviews saying it's messy and that the drip tray doesn't catch all of the grease. I've never had this problem, and have placed several items on the grill before without a mess afterwards. The removable grill plates are an added bonus and make for super easy cleanup. The only reason I can't give it five stars is because of the ridiculously short cord length. Unless you can place the grill within inches of an outlet, you can't use it without an extension cord. I find this quite inconvenient and not very well thought out, especially for an appliance that would seemingly be used on a kitchen counter. Because of the insanely short cord, I have to use it in my laundry room, on top of my washer because the other outlets in my kitchen are too close to sinks and other appliances, so the Foreman won't fit. Ridiculous!

I had the orginal one for years and loved it- however I didn't like washing it. This remedies that a little in that the plates come off to make clean up easy! It thus far works well, and is easy to clean BUT I can't help but notice the decline in quality. The plates when not attached are thin and I feel the first one was a much better made product.

I bought this grill to replace an older model. It was a disappointment! I can't grill a sandwich without getting it burnt in one half while still white on the other. And I am talking about the same side of the sandwich! The plates heat up in an obviously very uneven way. I see that others have had the same problem. This is a bad quality product that should not be in the market.

I bought this grill three days ago, and just loved it until this morning, when the plates refused to stay on. I have used it five times! What a shame - a great idea for sure, but terrible quality. Needless to say, it's going to be returned, and I'll be looking at a different brand for replacement. I'm not going to order another one. - Electric Grill - Indoor Grill - George Foreman - Indoor Grills'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information