Friday 29 April 2011

Great Price - great deal, great price


This winch kit is a great value. My only complaint would be that the two wires running from the regulator to the winch motor could be a foot or so longer. I mounted the regulator in the storage box under the seat and had to splice a foot or more of #8 wire to make my connections on the motor. Other than that everything seems of very good quality and it should give me years of trouble free operation. Superwinch 1120210 ATV LT2000 Series Winch

A nice package at a nice price.



Pros: It does everything that I bought it for: getting an atv out of the mud.



Cons: 1)The wires leading from the solenoid to the winch are at least a foot too short as other reviewers have stated. Expect to pay for connectors, ends, and at least another foot of 8 gauge wire. 2)The snatch block that is included will require wrenches to take apart and thread. Not a great thing when you are stuck in the mud, so while I was at the hardware store picking up the above parts, I picked up a new bolt, washer and wingnut. 3)The winch is a bit loud but I wasn't expecting it to be quiet.



All in all not a bad investment for the money, just don't be surprised if you have to take a trip to the hardware store. I had a hard time finding connectors and ends for 8 gauge wire and they were expensive (3$ a piece +-).

Recieved item and had installed professionaly. Unit would only retrieve would not allow to run out under power called superwinch ( They told me switched wires around unit now work in the other direction they told me bad solenoid)They said it's a known probem with the solenoid relay. They gave me a part number and to me to visit local dealer for exchange could not find a local Amazon. Un believable brand new did not work stay away do your research before buying this item.



returning to Amazon bougt a Warn winch instead

I bought this for my 2006 Suzuki Eiger 400 ATV.

I had to split the installation into two sessions because of time.

My first session I installed the winch and that went pretty easy.

The second session took a bit longer because I wanted to make sure that the wiring piece of the install would go smoothly.

It did, but here's a hint, lay it all out FIRST, then install. That way when it doesn't quite fit one way, you'll have a plan B to fall back on.



Anyway I bought this so I could operate my plow, and works like a charm. Good price too.

I wasn't sure as to what I was getting exactly after I had ordered this. I was a little worried with how cheap it was compared to other brands, but if you don't try it you won't know right?



Pros:



*comes with everything needed to wire up

*well worded instruction with pictures to backup



Cons:



*wish the main lead cables were about a foot longer

Good installation instructions, works great pulling stuck 2wd four wheeler out of mud, also used a block and pulled out some yuopon bushes without any overheating or breakage, definetly need to follow instructions to preserve cable with grease.

I had one of these on my 08 Kawi Brute Force 750i. I say had because I went into some deep water and smoked the relays for the switch. I ended up with a fancy non working attachment and removed it. I will say that while it was installed it worked well and took a good bit of abuse. Pulled trees down with it, cleared trails with it, pulled a CanAm DS650, buried seat deep in sand out with nothing more than the winch's own power.



It's a good unit. Mount the black box high or seal it in something cause when it gets full of water and you hit that button you'll hear a light POP and that's it...game over. I tried to find new relays to just repair it but came up empty and scrapped it. The leads are short as others have said. A good stereo shop will sell you bulk wire for a DIY install. There is no good place to mount the box on a stock Kawi Brute with no storage boxes. It doesn't fit under the seat.

I bought this for myself at Christmas. Fit in a 2007 Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4 just fine and I built my own heavy duty mount plate. Found out the ATV was prewired for a winch in front and back but used the supplied kit. As others have said the main wires from the solenoid to the winch in front are too short so I used the #8 from the factory wires to make up the difference. The only major problem is the small black solenoid wire needs to go to a ground and not the fuse as the instructions say. Whoever wrote those has never used them. After purchased I learned the a permanent magnet such as superwinch is suspect to burnout unlike a series magnet used in the Warn winches. I'm not a winch expert but for the $87 it cost me I'll let it cool if it gets too hot.

I purchased this winch after reviewing the price and reviews and so far have been impressed. I mounted it on a CanAm Outlander Max 800 (which is a heavy ATV). On my first trip out after mounting it, I got stuck in a deep and rutted hole where the only exit was straight up over a 4-5 foot lip, and the only anchor was 90 degrees to my left and at the very end of my line length. The winch pulled me out without trouble. Well worth the $70 purchase price, especially with the mounting kit, roller fairlead and pulley clevice.

I got one of these winches, and it is a great ATV winch. Plenty of power for any job, and easy to use. You can buy it with or without accessories (this item comes with accessories). I recommend that you get it with the accessories as doing so will save you a good amount of money. If using it with an ATV, you will need to get a seperate mounting place. To find the mounting plate you need, go to www.superwinch.com and then to the ATV section. Their technical support people are very good as well. I'm so happy with my winch, that I'm going to get another one for my wife's ATV! In other words, "A winch for a wench!" Just kidding. G'day - Highly Recommend - Great Price - Recommend - Great Deal'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information