Saturday 30 April 2011

Dumbbells - fitness


I officially kicked off my effort to work out with this Altus set of dumbbells, and I have to say, they are great. I was definitely a beginner, and didn't want to go get a gym membership and be surrounded by strange people, so I thought I'd just lift some weights at home. To be honest, I didn't even know what Neoprene was when I started looking and my only exposure to dumbbells was PE class as a kid where the weights were metal. These are GREAT!! They are coated with this rubberized material (Neoprene). They feel good, they just don't slip, they don't smell AT ALL, and they aren't cold and hard like metal weights. Had no idea weights could be so pleasant to use. I did go through these very quickly. From 3 lbs to 5 lbs to 8 lbs and now I'm ready for more. On the positive side, works great and I'm stronger in a week! 8 lbs is definitely enough if you just want to tone your arms, but I'm on to even bigger ones such as 15 lb and 20 lb, but I'm sticking with Neoprene. Highly recommend these, great purchase! Altus Athletic 32-Pound Dumbbell Set with Stand

Since I was too weak to carry 32lbs of weights back to my apartment, I was happy to find these offered on Amazon with free shipping! The shipping would have cost about as much as the weights themselves, so this deal was too good to pass up. Other than that, they're weights. They do their job of being heavy if I do my job of lifting them. So far so good.

I bought this including 2 day shipping for $32.98! can't beat that! If I had any complaint is the stand is somewhat cheap and can be sharp when placing the weights back on the stand so be careful not to hurt your hands.

The 32 dumbbell set with stand is nice. We have used it quite alot and really enjoyed it. I hate to complain, as I hate reading complaints, lol, but I bought these from Amazon because they were on the Todays Deal, and I was so excited about getting a bargain on these weights! Come to find out, what I paid is the normal price Amazon sells them for, I guess they just jacked the price up before putting them on the today's deal.



Bad form Amazon, bad form.... It makes me wary to jump to grab any other Todays Deals...but I will give the product review 5 stars as the weight set is as pictured and described.

I'll keep this simple.



The weights themselves are weighty. The covering makes them easy to hold, and exercising with them is fine. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about them.



The stand is basic plastic, but is sturdy and does a fine job of holding the weights in a compact manner. Came with an extra screw too, in case one vanishes.



If you're looking for a basic lightweight set like I was, you can't go wrong here. - Fitness'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information