Friday 9 September 2011

Athletic Socks


I've bought a variety of socks, below are my brief reviews:



Nike: (the ones here I bought here): Comfortable, good quality and fit right. Had them for a few months, still ok. These are my favorites right now because of the ankle size. The "no shows" are too low for me, the "ankle" ones are too high. These are perfect (for me).



Hanes: Fit right and were comfortable. I might like them as much as Nike, but I bought "ankle" socks. They are too high. The "no shows" are too low for me...I want something in between. My fault in being ignorant about what you need to buy.



Gold Toe: Have not bought in a while...could not find low cuts at a decent price. But when I was wearing crew socks I bought Gold Toe and loved them. They do get a little "rough" feeling with age (after many years) but hold up well.



Champion: Good at first, but got "rough" with age. Rougher than Gold Toe. Did not rip, but got uncomfortable. To be fair, they did last 2.5 years before they became uncomfortable.



Russell: Don't fit worth a darn. I bought extended size for my son, who has a size 13 shoe. They were too tight. I have a size 10.5 shoe, and they are too tight for me too. And they are extended size!!! They are big when you look at them, but they don't have any "stretch" material in them like normal socks. AVOID.









Does anyone know what the industry standard regarding sock length is??? Is it: No show --> Low cut --> Ankle --> Crew --> Over the calf?



Also, if anyone knows of a quality brand of extended (extra large) size socks (bigger than size 12 shoe) at a good price, let me know. I find quality stuff on sale for normal size shoes, but never the big and tall, at least so far. I want just plain old white athletic socks in low cut size. Don't want "variety packs" of different colors...makes laundry too much work. Nike Men's Performance Low Cut Socks 6 Pair - Shoe Size: 8-12 White'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information