Thursday 29 September 2011

Kids Digital Camera - digital camera, kids digital camera


We recently purchased this camera for our Disney Cruise. Our seven year old son was scheduled to snorkle with stingrays on Castaway Cay and we wanted to capture that experience. We were able to take photos and video of him with the stingrays, some of it underwater. The camera took clear pictures and video. The only drawback was it is hard to see the screen (so you know what you are photographing) and there is no viewfinder but that problem was easily outweighed by the price. We are very pleased with our purchase! Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 2.4-Inch LCD - Blue (New Model)

The pic quality is much better than I thought. I bought the blue one, it is so cute. I carry it all day. it is easy to use and it has different color formats.

The disadvantage is that it does not have cap for lense (not a zoom lense), so it is easy for dust rest on the lense.

I received this camera the other day. I have taken several indoor photos with flash.. not bad (be sure to use the redeye preflash). I have taken a number of deliberately varied outdoor photos, shade, sun, telephoto, flash fill. The results were pretty darn good and very sharp in all cases within it's specifications. It doesn't focus on "real close stuff". I have not tested it for "ruggedness". I have not used it under water.



No. It is not a Canon 7D or equivalent Nikon. It is a $69 rugged waterproof small camera. It seems to be exactly what it says it is and takes good photos for the price. And I'm going to use it in places I won't take my Canon dSLR or my Canon G7.

I bought this camera for my 15 year old son who is taking a 2 week hiking trip. He hasn't actually taken the trip yet, but he's been playing around with the camera (we both have, actually) at home to get comfortable with its features and abilities. Considering the price, I am actually quite impressed. Aside from the price, there are two reasons I choose this camera. First, it is waterproof (to 10 feet)and could therefore withstand getting dropped in a puddle or rained on. The waterproof feature just takes that type of worry out of the equation. My son is also a competitive swimmer, so I fully expect he will at some point also enjoy it in the pool with his friends. The second reason for choosing this camera was the "easy share" of the pictures. You set up emails or a facebook account in advance, then as you take the pictures you choose where you will share them (email, facebook). To actually share them, you will need to plug into a computer, but then it will automatically and quickly send those pictures to wherever you have designated. (Hint: you need to designate an email to send from and a yahoo or gmail account are the easiest to use to set up... techies may know more, but this worked best for me). The biggest suprise was the pictures themselves. The quality is actually not bad. Professional photographers and photo enthusiasts of course would not be satisfied, but for a 15 year old boy or me, this works pretty good. Settings for lighting, etc. are available and are pretty simple to use. Video is good in good lighting. Lighting is probably the key to all, but we haven't had any problems so far with any light (assuming use of the flash in poor lighting). Things that I would like to see would be the ability to associate with more than one facebook account at a time and a view finder so that you could see what you were doing in bright sunlight, but these are minor disadvantages. Given the price, this is really a very nice camera and will serve our purposes very well.

I purchased this camera 10 days ago for a trip to the Caribbean. I wanted to take pics in the ocean and pool, and not worry about getting sand/water in regular digital camera. The camera worked fine for 6 days, but then completely stopped working! It says it is waterproof for up to 3 meters..but I didn't even have it underwater 3 feet! The buttons stopped functioning (flash/zoom/camera mode etc), and the only thing it does now is power on/off. As another reviewer mentioned, my lens got foggy underwater too, but I made sure the battery compartment door was sealed tight! It is definitely faulty mechanics behind this one.



Of course I threw out the packaging and misplaced the receipt before I left for the trip so I don't even think I can return it to the store I purchased it from. I called Kodak today, and now I have to send it in for "possible repairs". Honestly, spend some extra money and buy a different brand that will at least last longer than this piece of junk! While it served it's purpose for my trip, I was probably better off buying a $10 disposable underwater camera instead

I bought two of these cameras -- one for each of my sons. If you are looking for an inexpensive, simple, rugged camera for kids, this is a great choice. For way less than $100 each, they have a camera that they can take on our trips, on campouts, and around the house, with little worry about breaking the camera.

One of the nice things from the standpoint of making the camera simple is that the lens does not project from the camera body when you turn it on. All the zoom is done digitally. Great for making the camera more durable with what kids tend to do to electronics. Also, if they leave it out in the rain I don't have to go buy a new camera! My kids figured out the simple menu system quickly. Photo quality is very good, especially considering the price.

Now, just to be clear, this is not a camera I would buy for myself. With only 3x zoom and a somewhat limited feature set, it is not meant for a serious (or even an intermediate) photographer. But what do you expect for $70? For what it is meant for, this is a pretty neat little camera. - Kids Digital Camera - Digital Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information