Friday 30 September 2011

Electronic Learning Toys - educational toys, preschoolers


I just got 2 of these for my 4 year old and letter-excited 2 and 1/2 year old. Since the boxes have been opened, they have both been enamored for over an hour. The letter instruction is accurate and straightforward. The eraser is easy to use and the stylus is at least more accurate than the one at Target where I bought these. My 2 year old loves to write letters, so I know it would be a hit for him. But my 4 year old fights writing and drawing, so it's super exciting to see him get all excited about it AND actually write decent looking letters and lines. Get it! You'll be glad you did! Perfect back to school, starting school toy/tool for your youngster! LeapFrog Scribble and Write

My 3 year old is starting to write and draw and this is really helping with her learning to write her ABC's and shapes. She really loves the dog Scout and the cute audio. The size of it is right on the money and is easy to take along in the car. Every letter brings out some cute responses too.



Good Stuff...

This was an Amazon gift from the grandparents to my 4 year old. He LOVES this! It teaches your child the proper way to make their letters. (My 8 year old needs one LOL!)He loves tracing the dots and sliding the eraser. It cheers the kids on after they push the paw print. He will sneak to play with it when he is suppose to be sleeping. It is currently at show and tell at his pre-k, he loves it that much. One week of use and he is going all over the house writing the first letter of his name. He has shown off his letter writing skills at the Drs. office. He now writes his letters better than his big brother in 3rd grade!

Based on the positive reviews, I bought this for my 4 1/2 year old son. I wish I'd listened to the 3 star reviews. This is more like a magnadoodle with a suggestion on what to draw. It doesn't give any feedback as to whether the child follows the drawing or letter correctly. What's more is that if you don't press hard enough, your drawing won't be made. I wish I'd passed on this purchase.

My just-turned-3 daughter loves this toy - we bought it in advance of a long car trip and it was helpful in keeping her attention. She calls it her "Leapster" and loves the fact that she has something electronic and portable like her older sisters have. She's a smart cookie, but due to her age, she's not really able to really follow tracing letters. I can see this being increasingly fun and interesting to her later this year. There are lots of different play features so fortunately not all of it is beyond her. She's able to turn it on and off by herself which is great for battery life, and is able to put the stylus back in it's place too. It's lightweight but not flimsy and a perfect size for preschoolers to carry around. The volume level is not obnoxious if it's on the lower setting - it doesn't drive the adults crazy. Recommended.



Update: March 2011: My now 4.5 year old still plays with this! She loves it! At this age, she is able to use her big sisters' Leapsters but she continues to come back to the Scribble and Write to trace letters and play the other games. It will probably travel on Spring Break with us again this year too. It's going on year 2 of play value (pretty impressive for a toy), so I continue to recommend it. Thanks, LeapFrog!

Great educational toy. One thing I would like to see get improved is the part you write on. It is a cheap plastic and when you write on it you can barely see what you wrote. I can see this part breaking or getting ruined somehow so easily. Those scribble pads that use a magnet are way better in this one aspect. Also the slide bar that you use to "erase" is completely open at the bottom so once you get any type of dirt, grime, food in there it will interfere with the writing.

Let me start by saying my 4 year old, hates to write. He will do anything in his power not to do the letters both at school and at home. I have workbooks and he will do everything but the letter tracing. He thinks he is not as good as the kids in his pre-school class and doesn't want to be embarrassed.

I will say the prices now listed are a bit high, they were going for under twenty when I bought mine.

I had purchase this for Christmas, when I showed my husband he asked I give it to my son right away. I am so happy we did. The first two days, my son that has a very short attention span, played with this for 4 hours at a time. It was unbelievable to me. It also has a reward where after you draw the letter it has you draw things like turtles, butterflies and a house. My son really loved that.

The next week at school, my son's pre-school teacher was surprised and thrilled he finished his letter tracing. I know I have the LeapFrog Scribble and Write to thank for that.

I really love leap frog products, this one will help your child prepare for school and life.

This toy is a good toy, but I guess I was expecting more... The lights that light up behind the writing surface are small red LED type lights, and are arranged in a 90 degree pattern, so that diagonal lines appear jagged. The writing surface utilizes a dual film surface, and the pressure between the two films leaves a mark. You have to have your child press very hard to have their writing stay intact, otherwise, the film comes apart and the written image degrades. I still think this toy is a good idea for teaching basic writing skills. I think for $15, it would be a good value.

I first saw the Leapfrog Scribble and Write and the Text and Learn on Amazon. However, I am glad I decided to shop around before purchasing through Amazon. The Amazon price is $42 for the Scribble and Write. It is $16.99 on the Leapfrog site and $19.99 on Walmart.com and in their stores. The Text and Learn is also significantly lower at both sites than on Amazon. Why are Amazon's prices so high? I am very disappointed because I love shopping on Amazon. - Writing - Educational Toys - Preschoolers - Electronic Learning Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information