Friday 30 September 2011

Cordless Screwdriver - electric drill, black and decker


I've had this drill for about a year, and have been very happy with it. The torque settings are pretty much standard, bit with images instead of numbers. It is powerful enough for everything I've thrown at it, seems well made and sturdy, and battery life is not bad at all. It has low speed low torque through low speed high/fixed torque and high speed for drilling. It fits comfortably in the hand. The drill bit holder on the side is pretty hard to get the bit out of, and I don't really use it as a result. Great tool, would buy again. Black & Decker BD12PSK 12-Volt Smart Select Drill

This is a great "lite" power tool to have around the house. For handling screws, drilling drywall, etc, it's excellent. The battery life is really good and the multitude of torque settings are useful. However, if you're wanting to do some serious home improvement projects, you should look elsewhere. I've found it to be a bit anemic when dealing with anything other than soft wood or drywall. If you need to drill metal, concrete, or tile this definitely will not get the job done adequately. I'm happy with it for what it is, which is a great tool for small jobs at a great price.

After using this for about seven years, my old version of this drill died only becuase I drilled through my wrought iron fence which meant constant use for several minutes at a time while I put about 50 lbs of weight on it in 100 degree F heat in the sun!! What I'm saying is this drill was not made for the conditions I put it in. I sill worked for a year, though it would smell burnt becuase I had cooked the insulation.



Don't let the other reviewers who claim the battery will die in a few years fool you. As with any NiCad battery, the key to long life is simple: fully charge, then disconnect from charger. Use the drill till the battery is dead or almost dead before recharge (don't use it shortly, then put it back on charger). If you do so, it will last almost indefinitely. My battery was good as new after 7 years.



I'm going to buy a new one now and will now use my corded drill for super heavy duty work. Use it for what it's made for - light to medium duty.



-Professional Mechanical Engineer

it's exactly what i was looking for and there are a couple of things other consumers need to know ... 1. the plug- in charger is small, so keep an eye out for it.....it plugs into the back of the handle...2. this drill has NO charger indicator anywhere on it, so when you plug it in, be mindful of how long you've had it on the charger and DO NOT keep it plugged in constantly or you'll kill the battery fast. other than that, it's very stable, very well constructed and it CAN handle some heavy work!! try 1/2 inch steel with a titanium drill bit...chewed thru it like a fat man at an all you can eat buffet!! i'm very happy with this product and for what it lacks in lights, it makes up for in raw power. all the of "scrunity reviews" that a lot of people have submitted thus far for what it can and can't do?...listen, i've been a tradesman for going on 20 years and have toolboxes taller than anyone reading this and i can assure you, if this product was worthless, i would most definitely give it the heave. if you're on a budget or are looking for a good replacement for your old beat up 12-volt, this is a great start and it WILL get the job done, but be mindful, EVERY portable tool has it's limitations..as does DeWalt, Makita, Craftsman, Snap-On, Mac or any other toolmaker's products. use the right tool for the right job and you'll be amazed at just how long it will last. overall, great product in an economical package! now go buy some stuff!!

I got this drill from Lowe's for $35.00. It is about the same price at other places. Why is the advertisement here saying it is in the $150 range normally and that they are saving you $113? Also, you have to add in the (sometimes really steep) price of shipping! Something smells here!

If you are like me you are probably looking for a drill for hanging curtain rods and general use. Before buying this drill I was looking at a lot of different brands (milwaukee, dewalt). I understand that this drill is probably not cut out for hardcore construction use like other brands, but it performs the tasks I need it to. Many of the reviews I read about Black and Decker were not very promising, and after owning there electric screwdriver (total waste of money) I was nervous that I wasn't getting a quality product. I am happy with my purchase. I just spent today completing 5 or 6 tasks that I bought it for (shelves, assembly, etc). I give it a "novice drill users" thumbs up.

I mistakenly bought the 12V drill thinking it was the 18V (which I already have at another house). That said, it's perfect for what I use if for - mostly just as a screw-gun. I wouldn't want it for more heavy-duty jobs but it's fine for putting up drywall and such. I gave it four stars because the drill itself is the charger. This means I can not charge the extra battery I bought while using the drill. You can only charge batteries that are on the drill. Stupid!

A handy and useful drill. Got it for a decent price, however I feel a little deceived on that end. The "sale" price was $40. According to the original price, this drill should normally sell for $76. So, I thought I was getting a steal of a deal. Not really. This drill, although worth the $40, is NOT a $76 drill, therefore, the marked down price is deceiving. Not knowing very much about drills, I assumed it was a deep discount (got it during cyber week). This drill is actually sold on other websites at full price for $39. I should have done more research and it is ultimately my fault that I did not. However, do not be fooled by the "sale" on this item.

I bought this and have needed It 4 times already In 4 weeks just putting different things up and the smart technology really works. Sweet.

And what a great price! Unless I happened to catch a sale or deal of the day! The only thing at all. It does not have a carrying case! They really should have for this drill. It still on the original charge I gave It over 4 weeks ago, so the charge Is sure lasting. It fits well In your hand and Into tight side spaces(For the screw)as well. The 111 piece set I got at local True value on sale does have a case and have used it twice too now. So for anyone that wants a GREAT drill. I mean It's a Black & Decker! I can't reccomend enough compared to the 2 I've had to borrow before my purchase. This Is so Inexpensive. Like I said sweet deal. It does come with your standard flat head and philips on the other side that does come attached to It. So they will work for a lot. The smart technology Is great. - Black And Decker - Cordless Screwdriver - Electric Drill - Cordless Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information