Friday 30 September 2011

Notebook Computer Bags - netbook, carrying cases


It's not perfect, but it's a very nice protector for a netbook. The Case Logic website has a list of every netbook model that fits inside this sleeve.



I have an Aspire One with the 6 cell battery (there's a wart on the back of the computer where the battery sticks out), and the fit is virtually perfect for this sleeve. Nothing else fits in the main compartment. The padding is very nice, just about right, not too much, not too little. It feels very good in your hand.



There is an ingeneous zippered pocket on the front of this sleeve. There is a slot for devices USB - mostly a USB flash drive, but also some shorter USB wires would fit in here. The Acer A/C adapter fits in the outer pouch, but you end up with a very lumpy sleeve (a pretty big bulge where you slid the adapter.



Of course this has the nasty old vinyl / neoprene odor that goes away after a few days. You'll want to turn this inside out and air it out in a sunny location.



As a sleeve - and it's important you know this is a sleeve, not a PC case - this is a very nice protector. You can very easily toss this in a larger PC bag, or carry on luggage, and have no fear that your computer will get scratched or damaged. It will not hold papers, hard drives, cell phone, etc. Just the computer and a USB key.



My sample is black. The charcoal color with gray accents is very nice looking.



March 6, 2011 update - iPads fit in this sleeve. I've carried my iPad for the past year inside this sleeve. With no cover on the iPad, the device is pretty loose inside. I used a DodoCase and then an InCase book style cover for a while, and they both fit inside this sleeve nice and snug. I'm now using an Amazon Basics silicone case that only covers the back of the iPad. The silicone hangs up on the sleeve material, so it's a bit harder to slide the iPad in and out. But then again, the iPad doesn't shift around inside the sleeve. This combination has been on forty or fifty flights in carry on with me over the past year - not a bit of damage or problem with the iPad. When I pull the iPad out, this sleeve crumples up in the book pocket of the plane seat. Pretty darn nice. Case Logic PLS-9 Ultraportable Netbook Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks (Black)

I like this bag a lot. I got it for my 13'' macbook pro and it fits perfectly. It is more cushiony than other sleeves I looked at and the pocket is a great addition. It stretches to hold funky shaped things like the charger, extension cord for the charger, flash drives, cds, and more. One review I read said that the inside is a furry material... it is more of a foam material that is very soft. It won't scratch at all. This sleeve is a great buy!

I bought this case for my 14" Lenovo ThinkPad with the 9-cell battery. I wanted extra protection for when I'm carrying it around campus in my backpack.



I was pleased to find that this case fits snugly around my extended battery pack with enough room for my power adaptor and USB mouse. The outside pocket is actually a functional size, even taking into account the stretching of the case around a computer. I was also impressed with the padding, which seems denser and higher-quality than other similarly-priced laptop sleeves I have seen at retail stores.



After a lot of comparison shopping, I'm quite satisfied with this product!

This is exactly what I was looking for with the added feature of a zippered pocket. Although this is a 14" sleeve, it's perfect for my 15.4" laptop, which happens to be 14" wide. Many other reviewers seem to think that a laptop sleeve should emulate a case. Not to be confused with a laptop case or bag, a laptop sleeve is just that and is meant to provide added protection when placing the laptop in a bag or container that isn't designed to transport a laptop, such as an attache case.

Thanks to another review, I was able to get a good feel if this sleeve would fit my DELL Mini 10v with a 6 cell (bigger) battery. The sleeve fits and expands just the right amount to accommodate the Mini 10 and its bigger battery. I was worried about the bigger battery and could not find any details (except from one review for this product) that gave any hint if it work fit. Not even DELL could get me that information (which is odd). Amazon does pretty well with this thanks to customer feedback.



I think this is a nicely made sleeve that will do a good job protecting my 10v as I travel now and then. It is cheap in cost and should work for anyone needing to transport a 10v.



For me, the sleeved mini will be put into the extra compartment of a laptop backpack. This compartment does not have padding so the sleeve will do the protection.

For what I bought it for, it gets does exactly what it was purchased to do. I own a Dell M1330, and it fits my laptop like a glove. I don't have the extended battery so I can't speak for how it'd fit (although I suppose since it is elastic it would fit an extended battery), but with the regular battery it fits like it was made for my 13.3" laptop. The additional pockets are a plus, as it'll expand to fit the power plugs for most laptops and even an interior flash drive pocket which i haven't used since flash drives are attached to me key-chain.



The sleeve itself is like a thin layer of memory form like material on the exterior lined with a fabricy (new word) smooth outer coating. Zippers have a rubber grip for easy access. Inside it's lined with a semi-fur like substance that seems to have been sprayed with a anti-scratch type coating which gives it a slight grip to minimize movement.



Personally speaking, i wouldn't recommend any sleeve for distance travels, but for short distances sure. If you plan on being very mobile, a laptop bag is a MUST. I use this in addition to a laptop bag because protecting my investment is a big factor for me. Overall, it does exactly as described and comes highly recommended. - Netbook - Carrying Cases - Case - Notebook Sleeve'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information