Friday 30 September 2011

Iphone - iphone, iphone screen repair


Ordered this kit to replace my cracked iPhone 3g screen. When I took it to Radio Shack they suggested that I should get a new phone. I did not have $100+ to purchase a new phone so, after some Googling I read about simply replacing the cracked screen yourself. Next stop Amazon.com! Found this lovely kit at an even lovelier price! Glad I only had to spend a fractiion of the price and my phone is as good as new. It's so simple even I can do it and I'm not the greatest at these kinds of tasks. Iphone 3g Digitizer Touch Screen LCD Replacement + 8 Tools Repair Kit

Although the screen is fine, it was a hassle to get down to it and there were no instructions in the package. The suction cup, tiny phillips and pry tool were the only ones of use. One of the "tools" included is actually a guitar pick! And they don't give you anything to get the sim card out. I'm happy to have replaced my broken glass but be prepared to google instructions and make sure you have a paperclip on hand.

This is a good little kit that includes all of the tools and parts necessary to replace your glass iphone screen. I had a small, but growing dead spot on my screen, after using the kit the screen stopped working at all. I followed all directions completely, but the cables inside your phone are very small and delicate. Make sure you have nothing to lose before using - I wound up buying a brand new phone.

I loved everything about this with one exception the suction cup was small and was not powerful enough to do what it was needed to do. (Removed the main portion of the phone from the body of it) I ended up using a suction cup I had gotten from another kit and it worked out well. The screen came packaged very well and the tools were 99% spot on. (With the exception of the suction cup) I would recommend to other buyers, but be prepared to get your own suction cup.

I've spent a fair bit of time tinkering with small electronics, so I had no problems disassembling my phone, removing the old glass, and installing this.

Please note that my kit didn't include directions, so you may need a guide like this one to follow in order to disassemble the phone:

[...]

What a great screen. I have had many iPhones and with my active lifestyle tend to break the screens about once every 6 months. With the new digitized that I purchased from New Harbor I was able to fix my phone and it look and FEELS just like the original, FOR UNDER $11!!! The customer service was amazing and I'm so happy I didn't have to pay some silly tech store hundreds of dollars to fix the digitizer.



Recommended to all I will shop in the future

The band that connects the digitizer to the phone is there, but the connector is not attached to it. That means that you cant use the touch screen. I want a full refund and a working digitizer sent to me. This is crazy. - Iphone Screen Repair - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information