Friday 30 September 2011

Melissa Doug - melissa doug, wooden food


I was very pleased with the food sets we purchased last year for Christmas. My daughter loves to play with them.



One note worth mentioning is that the "patty" started peeling paint. I know my daughter isn't chewing on it, so I really don't know what caused this.



With all the lead-paint scares, I promptly threw it away. This product is manufactured in China. I'm not saying that it may have lead paint or anything like that, but it's better to be safe than sorry.



All in all, they're very durable food items and fun. Just regularly check for chips in the paint to be safe. Melissa & Doug Wooden Sandwich-Making Set

I had a friend who's 2yr old child had a food cutting set, and I was skeptical of whether my 2yr old daughter would also like it. I picked Melissa and Doug's set b/c their quality is always excellent, and I am again impressed with the craftsmanship and detail of this set. I am also pleasantly suprised to find that of all the expensive electronic gifts my 2yo got for her birthday, this has turned out to be her favorite toy!!!! It keeps her entertained for quite a while, and is great for parent/child play together. I only wish it came with more pieces, as I run out of combinations of sandwiches to make for her (but she definately doesn't seem to mind, she just keeps cutting!) Excellent for hand-eye and fine motor coordination, educational (verbal, counting, colors, etc) skills, and withstands a significant toddler beating. Also handy to have the storage box for clean-up. I also strongly recommend Melissa and Doug's food cutting set, which makes a nice coordinated set with this one, and increases the educational value and variety (for mommy who seems to get bored more quickly than my daughter!)

My son couldn't get enough of the Food Box from the same company, so I bought him this and now he loves them both! These are great complimentary toys that play well together and give my son hours of entertainment away from the TV. At this price, I recommend buying this for any 3-5 year olds that you are shopping for (even for birthday party presents!)

My children enjoy making sandwiches for all. The product is life-size, extremely durable, and fun. They are able to velcro the cheese to the meats and the meats to the bread and cut them all apart with the wooden knife included. The tray is also nice to use to store everything inside the kitchen set. I highly recommend this product!

This wood sandwich kit is as sturdy and durable as they come. Excellent quality toy, and it gets 5 stars for that. I bought this for my daughter at 18 months.. she is now 22 months. She has loved it from the beginning. Have some drawbacks though:



- My daughter absolutely LOVES "cutting" the sandwich and hamburger.. but thats about it. She doesnt quite get the concept of making a sandwich, which means I have to put all the pieces together.. and she takes them all apart with the wooden knife.



- There's only so many sandwiches you can make with this kit! It would be nice to have more meats.. and fillings, but thats okay I suppose.



- The velcro is starting to wear down. I have this issue with the food cutting set as well - my daughter plays with this toy so often ("cutting" the sandwich), that the velcro is starting to lose its adhesiveness. So I question how long this toy will last if we've only had it for 5 months.. and its already started to wear down like this.



Overall, excellent toy, I highly recommend it - my daughter loves to cut the sandwiches, so it provides excellent playing time for her. It keeps her busy for a long time.. and she loves just loves this toy.

My kids have had fun with this set. It's been put through some serious abuse but has not experienced any peeling or chipping. The slices are thick -- approaching 1/2 inch -- so the resulting sandwiches often look absurdly tall like something Shaggy would swallow in Scooby Doo. The bread, cheese, pickles, and tomatoes are decent approximations but there are some pink lozenges that don't make much sense -- ham perhaps.



One issue that crops up, although I don't really know how it could be remedied, is the small velcro circle that binds the sandwich together while providing the gratifying chop sound when rent apart with the wooden knife. It quickly looses its effectiveness over time and attracts all manner of junk - hair and fuzz. I have this issue with most velcro-fitted M&D toys. Not the end of the world.



Melissa and Doug toys, even handsome wood ones like this, are made in China. That doesn't mean that it is laden with toxins -- the corporate site assures otherwise -- but I do find it disappointing. When I see a company like Melissa "& Doug with wood toys, cute, craftsy labeling, and words like "handcrafted", it evokes a feeling of refreshing escape from the great heaps of cheap, electronic plastic garbage flooding the shelves of the local super-store. There's not much of a point to this last paragraph except to say I'm sure M&D could manufacture their goods here and pay more for a union worker but gain so much more in respect.

Kids really enjoy playing with this and it helps to teach them how food is prepared. They really like putting together different combinations of the inside ingredients. I like the wood better than plastic. I babysit my grandchildren and they like to "make meals" for me.

Good food set, a million times better than the plastic food. I bought this along with the Melissa and Doug Pizza set and so if you only want one set I would go with the pizza set as my girls play with that way more than this but it is well made and the velcro is awesome. Definetly worth it and a great addition to the play kitchen.

We've had this toy for a few years now and it has held up so well! It has been well played with but looks almost new! We bought it when my son was a preschooler and now his little sister can play with it! We've had many "picnics" in our living room with this toy! A good buy! - Wooden Food - Kitchen Sets - Wooden Toys - Melissa Doug'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information