Thursday 29 September 2011

Accessories - repair, whirlpool


Caution: You will not get the item pictured.



My order was fufilled by "Partshouse". The repair kit sent to me was not the same as what is pictured on this page. It also does not come with the instructions the the Whirlpool kit does.



I am returning this part. I hope I will be able to update this post and tell you that process went alright. Whirlpool 4392065RC 29-Inch Dryer Repair Kit

took my wife and I less then a half hour to install. I already had the dryer apart while I was waiting for the parts to come in. But it shouldn't take long to pull apart. it is alot easyer if you have someone to help, so try to have someone to assist you. otherwise I am sure it could become a pain...

Our Kenmore machine was squeaking -- it is pretty old, but this kit renewed it.

The new belt is good too, because the old belt was pretty frayed - it would have broken soon, no doubt.



I think the machine runs better too - I suspect that the belt was a bit stretched out, and I believe that this could lead to drum slippage.



The project did take an hour or two -- the video tutorials you can see on YouTube were helpful in my opinion.

The most difficult part of installing the replacement parts is figuring out how to get the front panel off. After that the installation was easy. We had an annoying rattling sound that I thought was coming from one of the rollers. Replaced the rollers, tensioner and belt and the sound went away. The only part you need to make sure you get right is the seal of the drum at the back of the dryer(make sure you pay attention to the directions). Would recommend everybody taking off the front panel of their dryer annually and vaccuum the lint that accumulates at the bottom of the dryer.

there's plenty of easy videos for how to make this repair as a homeowner, with minimal tools. It was very very easy, best with a helper to hold things while reassembly. A no brainer, do not hire this one out. The replacement parts are good as new.

I bought this product because my Kenmore Dryer started making a lot of noise when in use. Not knowing what was wrong with it I did my research on Youtube and found out 2 things: 1] step by step instructions how to change different parts of a dryer and 2] the noise could originate from either the belt, pulley, rollers. etc.... Instead of getting a specific part, I thought it was wiser to get the whole kit (just in case). For example. the cost of a 27 inch dryer belt would be about half the cost of the whole kit so it was a no brainer. I called Sears service and it would cost me about [...] to have a service personnel come to my house and fix the dryer. The dryer kit (including shipping) cost me [...]. From start to finish it cost me 2 hours of labour to fix my dryer but now it operates so quietly that my wife checks on it (she got use to listening to a train when the dryer was on). This is just an excellent product at an excellent price.

This product is a perfect fit for a large 29 inch dryer. The wheels were very easy to change with a pair of pliers. The tension pulley gave me a little trouble, but i attribute that to design rather than part maker. The belt fits perfectly as well. I highly recommend watching a tutorial which provides a visual process of changing these parts. Those tutorials can be found easily via your favorite search engine. Seeing how a professional changes these parts will greatly reduce the amount of time needed to change it yourself.

The kit had all the necessary parts for my Kenmore dryer. They looked exactly the same as the original parts. Putting the belt around the pulley was easier to understand after I found this video on You Tube. There's an entire series about how to pull apart the dryer. Much recommended.

[...]

Our Whirlpool dryer model LEQ7030KQ0, for six months, squealed like a freight train coming to a stop. I found elsewhere online that the noise was likely caused by worn support wheels. I bought this kit from Amazon and with Prime I had it in a couple of days.



I followed the instructions included in the kit and installation was fairly easy; taking only a couple of basic tools and a little bit of time. Everything fit perfectly; belt, idler pulley, and support wheels. Dryer is now as quiet as new.



If I had known that it was so easy and inexpensive to fix, I would not have not put up with the noise for so long. - Repair - Kenmore - Whirlpool - Belt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information