Friday 30 September 2011

Notebook Power Adapters - notebook power adapters, ac adapters


i bought this "dell" charging cord for my wife for Christmas of 08. it worked fine at first but noticed it got pretty hot while charging but thought it was normal. Last night, 1/16/09 my wife asked me if i smelled burning plastic. after looking for the source i found that the cord on the outlet side had melted next to the transformer of the charger. This also left the copper cable inside the cord DANGEROUSLY exposed. It also melted onto my carpet leaving plastic fused in the carpet fibers! this seller is fraudulant and should be suspended from selling on amazon. the description is false also. the charger was discripted as a "genuine dell charger" and when i took it out of the box it didnt even have one of those FAKE dell stickers on it. It was not labled at all which SHOULD have thrown a red flag for me but i chose to ignore it. also the transformer was VERY light weight which should have told me something too. REAL dell charger transformers have some noticable weight to them. Im just glad we could this little problem before it started a fire in my house and Id have to be doing a LOT more about this then informing Amazon and wrighting this review. I have a 1 1/2 year old son and if he would have gotten hurt from this LESS THAN PROO QUALITY product someone whould have been in LOTS of trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****UPDATE*****after a threating email and bad review i was contacted by customer service and informed i was shipped the wrong charger. A new charger was shipped out to me right away and i just got it this friday. upon inspection i am happy to say that this is the real deal. i am sceptical if it was actualy a mistake being sent the "wrong" thing or the sellers "cheap" version of what i should have got in the first place hoping i wouldnt notice. all-in-all i have a neutral opinion of the seller at this moment and MAY consider doing future business... AC Power Adapter Replacement PA-10 for Dell Inspiron 300m, 600m, 700m, 6400, 8500, LATITUDE D400, D500, D600, X300, 19.5 Volts 4.62 Amps 90 Watts

After my Dell AC adapter broke on my Inspirion 6400, I first bought a universal adapter from a major electronics retailer. Although, the universal adapter would power my notebook, it would not recharge the battery. After doing some research on the internet, I found that many aftermarket adapters will not charge the Dell's notebook battery. The good news is that this adapter effectively powers the notebook and recharges the battery. It's a lot cheaper then Dell's OEM adapter and it has worked fine for me.

I bought this adapter about two months ago. Immediately, I noticed that the charge was not consistent and every 30 seconds or so, it would go between charging and not charging. Because of this, the battery rarely got charged above 10%. I contacted to company about the problem and they offered to replace it for me. After sending in the old adapter (at my expense) they sent me a new one with the exact same problems. I know it has nothing to do with my computer because I have another Dell manufactured adapter that works 100% of the time. AC Adapters should work 100% of the time and since this doesn't, I'm giving the product 1 star.

Updated: I'm surprised it took me this long to figure out but the problem is that the adapter cord doesn't fit snuggly in the power input. It will charge when it is situated perfectly but the smallest movement will make it fall out of place. Again, the dell adapter doesn't have this problem so my rating will not change.

I'll make this brief. I have 2 dell laptops that use this adapter. After having problems with my original adapters (I have 5 kids....) I decided to order this "replacement adapter" because it was a good price. I purchased 3 of them and I am on my last one right now. They don't push out 90 Watts as promised and they have killed both batteries on my laptops because they don't send consistent power to your computer. I am purchasing 3 new DELL 90 watt ac adapters and will never purchase an after-market replacement ever again.

This charger was $30 when I bought it in February, so I had moderate hopes. It stopped working in less than a month. Do not buy. I see that it is $3, so it is probably safe from being bought by anybody but an idiot.

I received this laptop power adapter in a timely manner from the seller, Westronics. It worked just fine when we got it (except the cord was a little short), but it completely died after three months. I wrote the seller about it and they never replied. Sadly, by then, it was too late to rate them down on the order. Perhaps the price was too good to last, but I'd rather they charge more and provide a product that lasts at least a year. It is difficult to know which product to order with so many adapter options.

If I could give this zero stars I would.



The adapter worked for ~1 week, then my computer stopped recognizing it, so my battery wouldn't charge (this is caused by a loose adapter connection where the plug inserts into the computer; sometimes wiggling it helps, but any disturbance can make it malfunction). Like the author of one of the previous comments,I have a dell-manufactured adapter that works fine all the time. This replacement adapter is definitely not worth buying. - Ac Adapters - Notebook Power Adapters - Dell Inspiron - Laptop'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information