Friday 30 September 2011

4 Port Usb Hub


Another great product from Belkin. I have used it when traveling with my laptop to hook up extra equipment. I have used it at home with my desktop for some added USB-2 level ports. It is great as it is very small and can fit in a shirt pocket, backpack, shoulder bag or purse. It provides you with 4 ports, high speed transfer rates and it is plug and play so NO SOFTWARE required which is always a good thing. If you need more ports for any USB device this would be a great one, if you require more ports you have several good choices right here on Amazon. Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra Mini Hub F5U407

I like the design of this USB hub but I wish the tail was a bit longer so I could hide the other four ports behind something.



This basic hub works well for many USB devices but if you need a hub to support USB 2.0 devices that require power, like an external hard drive, you need to know that this isn't a powered hub (no power adapter).

I needed a USB hub for my PS3, and oddly enough this was a difficult decision.



Powered or un-powered?



Expensive or Cheap - why are the prices of these so wide spread?



There are concerns that powered ones can send power back up into the console and damage it, as well as issues of hooking too many peripherals onto it (an un-powered one) and over drawing power from the console.



I have been using this one for a few months and I think I made the right choice.



I have the PS3 with the following peripherals:



- USB Microphone (Karaoke) (Not for me I Swear!)

- Logitech GT Racing Wheel

- Eye (Web Cam & Integrated Microphone)

- External Hard Drive



With all of that how do you plug in a USB Thumb Drive or charge your controllers?



This is a simple solution that works from a legitimate company for a low price.

I bought this USB hub to be able to add a couple of extra USB ports to the back of my computer. I love how small it is, and the fact that it does not require any external power supply, so no additional cables or power bricks to plug into a wall outlet. It even has a small red LED light to tell you it is recieving power from the USB port it's connected to. And, it is USB 2.0. Cheap, small, convenient, and it gets the job done. What more could you ask for?. Great buy.

If you need a 4 port unpowered USB hub this one works nicely for me. I have a 4GB SanDisk Cruzer an eleven GB Drive Eight GB Microdrive and a mouse connected. so far every time I power up my laptop everything has always been recognized.

Don't be thinking that you can plug in your Ipod or anything else that requires power off your USB for recharging. Ok for data exchange for flash drives or other such non powered exchanges.

Seems well made and a good price.

Okay, it's supposed to be "compact" but it's designed with the 4 USB ports facing in all 4 directions, 90 degrees from each other, so all the items you plug in spread out to take up way too much space! See the photo - hardly compact once you have things plugged into it. Aside from that, it works like most other USB hubs. Nothing special. Many points taken off for counter-ergonomic design, I wouldn't recommend to anyone who wants a tidy desktop. I recommend Targus ACH103US USB 2.0 4-Port Bend-A-Hub With Mini USB Adapter (Black).

Works as advertised.

I have been using this with my MacBook Pro. I use my external drive, external wired mouse and laptop chill mat with this USB hub in one go. All work fine.

I am pleased with this hub and would recommend it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information