Friday 30 September 2011

Swedish Massage - acupressure, stress relief


I've only had the mat for a few weeks, but I am using it regularly and found it to really help with relaxation. It does take some getting used to, and still sometimes can be too sharp for me depending on how I lie on it (more intense when on side; more diffused on back). That said, I've fallen asleep on it a couple of times and found it's helped with back and hip pain, too. If you are interested in alternative methods for pain relief or stress reduction, then I'd recommend it. However, it's not like just getting a blissful massage-- it's definitely more like drinking a tea that helps you relax but still has a bitter taste.

My neighbor suggested my husband and I try this mat since I have a problem with sleep deprevation and him stress, lack of energy. This mat is simply amazing. After the initial shocks of pain subside, your body goes through a wave of flushing warm heat. It instantly relaxes you. It normally takes me 45 minutes to 1 hour to fall asleep. The second time using the mat I remember laying on it and looking at the clock setting myself mentally for 10 minutes, the last time I looked, I had fallen asleep for over an hour! I since then have recommended it to everyone I know.

The Shakti Mat is simply amazing! This is the original Swedish spike mat and I actually bought mine while I was in Sweden last year.

I still use it several times a week when feeling stressed or tense at night and most times I even fall asleep on it :)

It's so relaxing you just melt away...

Wow! A few minutes of using this and I was hooked. I practice martial arts and yoga and this is a must have. Start slow, this is an exhilarating product, and is really powerful. It is well made and has no artificial smell or anything. The spikes are sturdy and well made - but they are sharp and can hurt you if not careful. When used as recommended with patience and care, this is a great product!

I got this mat for my husband for his birthday. He has lower back problems and read an article that this would help. He still uses a shirt when he lies on it, and he does like it. His whole back is red after he uses it, but I think it increases circulation thus helping the muscles to relax. Definitely a different experience and if you endure some "pain" it does relax you. Our dog on the other hand stays clear away from it after his paw touched it.

Having lived in China for a year, I wanted to try something similar to the massages I'd get there. No, they don't usually use oil in China, and it's acupressure, not puncture, being used for massages. So, I figured that since my muscles felt great there, and the government subsidizes the massages for the public, that there must be something to it. I've been using the mat now for 2 months and I can say that I really do feel more relaxed after using it. It takes getting used to, but I can now have my wife lay on top of me and it doesn't even faze me anymore. Give it a try, I recommend it.

I have used this mat every day since it came. It is a great circulation booster. Typically, I incorporate it into my stretching routine at the end of my daily workout. It's great for the back, neck, shoulders or basically any part of the body which requires tension relief. Standing on the mat provides a great foot massage. I recommend keeping a light fabric between skin and mat to begin with, but with repeated use skin to mat contact provides even deeper benefits. I have poor circulation, particularly in my hands and feet, and using the Shakti Mat definitely helps.

I haven't used this product in all the ways it can be, mostly use it only for the feet, and tried lying on the back a few times. It feels great, and does seem to release tension in areas. I keep it in my office, and walk on it frequently during the day. - Acupuncture - Acupressure - Back Pain Relief - Stress Relief'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information