Thursday 29 September 2011

Macbook 13 Inch Sleeve - macbook sleeve, laptop case


I bought this because I wanted a protective, stretchy, neoprene sleeve for my 15" MacBook Pro, but I also wanted a case that could hold my charger, flashdrives, and other accessories. This seemed like the PERFECT combination of the two, so I gave it a shot and ordered it. I got it quickly, and it hasn't let me down yet.



It's got a very soft, protecting lining in the interior so it won't scratch your computer. I carry around my laptop with a cooling pad shoved in on top of the laptop (there was a little extra room as this can fit 16" screens too) and the case stretches to conform to it. The outside zipper pocket is extremely helpful, I'm so glad I found this case, and It is very stretchy as well. It will conform to any shape of accessories you put in it without permanently stretching it out, it will always return to its original shape and size. My minimum that I have in the outside pocket is my laptop charger, it's extension cord, my wireless mouse, and a flashdrive that fits very handily in the stretchy flashdrive pocket sewn into the inside. I have fit more into the pocket tho, but that is the minimum that is always with me in the case.



It is also very slim-line, and fits wonderfully in my messenger bag and backpack without taking up any unnecessary room like some cases.



I bought it because I wanted a slim sleeve without giving up convenience to carry my accessories and it delivers very well for what it's supposed to do. The only possible way this could get better would be to come in different colors. =] I definitely recommend it. Caselogic PAS-213 13-Inch Macbook Neoprene Sleeve (Black)

A year ago my boyfriend got the Caselogic PAS-13 neoprene sleeve for his 13" Macbook Pro and it was awesome. The fit was perfect, it didn't scratch the laptop's corners, the bag was well-constructed and high quality, and the price was right. So when I finally upgraded my old Dell to a brand new 13" Macbook Pro, I went for the same case. The only problem: Caselogic stopped making the PAS-13 and has replaced it with this case, the PAS-213. Same difference, right? Wrong. I was seriously disappointed with this case. First, the case does not fit the 13" Macbook Pro well at all--it is too big, and the dimensions are wrong for this laptop. The case is a very loose fit on my 13" Macbook Pro, despite claiming to be made for it (believe me, it is not). Second, perhaps because the fit is not good, the zipper on the case is scratching the corners of my new Macbook Pro. Third, the construction is not as high quality; some of the stitches are already coming out after only a couple months of use.



Sadly, Caselogic has replaced what used to be a wonderful product (the PAS-13) which was well-made and fit the 13" Macbook Pro like a glove with the PAS-213, which is a far inferior product. Don't say I didn't warn you!

This fits my Macbook Pro great. Some seem to complain that the zipper will scratch the computer but I don't have that problem. Maybe that could be the case with older models, but this sleeve fits my Spring 2010 13" Macbook Pro perfect. About 1/4" extra space between the computer and the zipper. The small pocket on the front is great for a small portable hard drive or power cord.

I purchased this case for my 17" Macbook Pro (newest model release as of March 17th, 2011). Depending on your preference as to how snug you want your case to fit, I would say that it is a good fit. Not as snug as the Incase, but my MB is not really wiggling around in the case. The padded inseam does a good job of protecting the edges of my MB and the inside is lined with a microfiber material (I think--either way, it is not neoprene and slides nicely). The outside pocket is definitely useful, including the room enough for my charger, external mouse, and a handy little pocket for a thumb-drive. Considering it is less than half of the cost of the Incase (the new "deluxe" case with the pocket), it is well worth the money to protect something you spend so much money on.

It looks nice, it fits my Macbook Pro 15" very nicely, and I'm a fan of the extra pocket to hold my flash drive, external hard drive, and cord. And the price is way better than anywhere else!



Updated 1/2011: I've had this case for a while now, and I've traveled with it a few times. It is still in perfect condition. It's durable and very convenient.

This case was made for older model MacBookPros - I have the newest model (2011) and there is some room to spare around the case. This isn't a big deal, but I had a Tucano case before for my 13" MBP and it fit perfect. Just feels better when it is all nice and snug.



There is ample protection because it is a rather thick case.



The accessories pouch is nice, but not really that useful as if you are using a sleeve, you are probably putting your computer in another bag.



If I had more money I would buy the Tucano. But this case is decent for the price. - Macbook Sleeve - Neoprene Sleeve - Laptop Case - Laptop Sleeve'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information