Thursday 29 September 2011

Outdoor Furniture - fire pit, outdoor fireplace


Nice quality, assembled quickly and looks great on our deck. Was missing the screw to attach the knob to the cover, which required a trip to Home Depot - but other than that, we're completely satisfied. As an fyi, Kroger stores [Fry's, Ralph's, Smith's] stock firelogs specifically for firepits - making it even easier to use this product. Strathwood St. Thomas Cast-Aluminum Fire Pit with Table

My husband and I were initially so excited to find this product. It seemed like exactly what we'd been searching for, and most of the reviews were fantastic! When it was delivered, we began assembling it, only to find that some of the aluminum pieces were warped, and the main, central piece of the table was welded into a crooked oval instead of a circle. Amazon Returns was extremely easy to deal with and they handled our exchange promptly. They arranged for the defective table to be picked up at the same time that a replacement was delivered. We were disappointed that we couldn't start using the table right away, but we were hopeful that the replacement would work out. Unfortunately, the replacement table was even worse than the first! Every aluminum piece was bent or crooked, and even the cast iron top had several flaws. If this table was half the price, we may have been okay with the shoddy workmanship, but for over $300, we expected a good, quality product. I'm not sure if other customers were less picky about the workmanship, or if we were just amazingly unlucky. Amazon will not send a third replacement product, so now it's back to the drawing board to find something comparable. To make matters worse, a week after calling Amazon, the HUGE box is still in our living room waiting to be picked up--FAIL.

Let me start by saying a HUGE "Thank you!!!" to Strathwood for offering these amazingly affordable and stunning patio pieces. I have been looking for a chat set that was both good looking and affordable for over one year now. I can happily report, this is it!!!!



After reading the reviews here and loving the style (and price!), my husband and I decided to purchase this fire pit table with four motion club chairs from the same collection. Our order arrived in two days (WOW!) and in perfect condition. It took me about 10 minutes to put together the fire pit table and took my hubby about 20 minutes to remove the wrapping from the four chairs. We were amazed at how gorgeous this set was - it truly looks extremely high end and expensive. I agree with another reviewer that you would never know this set was aluminum (unless you picked it up). The chairs are extremely comfortable and the cushions are really nice. The cream color of the cushions go with any decor. I added some colorful pillows (from Target) and viola! We've created a resort lounging area in our own home for so much less than anyone would ever guess.



Truly, I have seen every chat set out there and this is hands down the best looking, best quality set for the money.

Iam very pleased with this collection! It looks so classy on my 7x26 deck. If your looking for a unique look this is it. The packaging took the most time to remove, assembly was quick, just put the legs on. My son helped and it was a snap.

It comes with levelers on the bottom of the legs. Now I can use the matchbooks to light the fire instead of leveling the furniture legs. Also comes with touch up paint.



Purchased two of the motion chairs to go around the firepit/table and I had reservations at first upon receiving them. I wanted more of the beautiful scroll work on the back to show.

(they come fully assembled, that was why I bought them)

After setting everything up and sitting in the chairs, they are sooooo, comfortable.

The cushions are light off white biege,high quality, but a bit bland. However, you can do add any color of throw pillow you like so thats a plus. Had a few stains already and Simple green removed the spot easily. Consider covering them in weather.

Would buy all of this collection if my deck was bigger.

High quality and lighter weight.

We purchased this product (along with 4 of the "motion" chairs) and it arrived last week. I was nervous about buying something like this online without seeing it in person, but so far I have been very happy with the product. It looks great and is exactly what we needed for half the price of similar products in local stores. The cushions on the chairs are a bit bland, but that doesn't bother me too much. I figure we will need to replace them eventually. I purchased some larger throw pillows so that the chairs will be more comfortable for shorter people like myself. The firepit looks great and can be easily used for cocktails or a casual dinner. As long as this product is durable (time will tell), I will be very pleased with this purchase.

Reading everyone's reviews helped in making the decision to purchase this table. Table was very easy to put together. All screws, washers and allen wrench were provided. I put the table together myself and only needed my husband to help me flip the table over after installing the legs. Took less than 20 minutes to install. Table is beautiful. Delivery company called to give me a time frame when they were going to deliver. It was raining that day and they went ahead and brought the box into the backyard and placed under our patio which was greatly appreciated. We haven't used the fire pit yet but can't wait til this weekend to try it out. Very pleased with the quality and the styling of the table. Very sturdy. Can't wait to order more of the other pieces to the set.



8/25/10 update:

Had to add a side note about this table. I purchased the Weber 7436 BBQ Grate with the hinge opening and it fits perfectly over the copper bowl. Not only do we use the table as a fire pit but we BBQ Hot Dogs, etc. now. I also purchased a round pizza stone to place over the grate to make pizza. Haven't tried it yet but are looking forward to trying to make pizzas as well. We LOVE this table. Our friends that have come over have really enjoyed this table. We've used it in so many ways. We just hang out around it and ENJOY! - Patio Furniture - Outdoor Fireplace - Fire Pit - Outdoor Furniture'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information