Thursday 29 September 2011

Screen Protector - nexus one, silicone case


If you're like me, you're probably concerned about protecting your new Nexus One. I ordered this because it looked like it would provide protection from scratches and might minimize damage if the phone was dropped. Well, I just got this case today and it looks like it will fit that bill quite nicely.



With the N1 being so new, I was skeptical about the quality of any accessories that one might buy at this early stage. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The fit is good and the cutouts are accurately sized and placed. In addition, it's thick enough so that the elevated camera lens now sits below the level of the case. As an unexpected bonus, I found that the silicone enhances the grip significantly.



Money well spent, even if it's just a short-term solution. Premium Solf Gel Silicone Skin Case for Google Nexus One 1 - Black

The silicone case is smooth and not too tacky so it slides easily into and out of my pocket. The case fits the phone very well, with the exception that on the bottom of the case the hole for the microphone is off center and partially obscured by the case.

I'm very pleased with this case for my new Nexus One. It fits perfectly and has a very pleasant feel, silky without being too slippery. The cutouts are in all the right places and it has raised bumps so you can still hit the unlock button and volume controls. Definitely a good buy for the price.

Pros:

-Makes typing easier

-Protects phone from scratches

-Makes phone a lot less slippery

-Nice feel in the hand

-Actually makes buttons easier to press for me

-Disguises phone (if you don't want everybody to know you have a N1)

-Stopped me from lightly tapping the outside of the screen while holding it so I don't have those inaccuracy problems because of lack of multi-touch



Neutral:

-Seems to block the bottom microphone a bit but people say I still sound crystal clear.



Cons:

-Phone doesn't look as good

-Blocks dock connectors



Should you buy it?



I think so it made my N1 a lot more usable and I feel a lot more comfortable with it now because without it my N1 feels very fragile.

This skin is great, and offers terrific protection for the Nexus One for mere pennies.



The skin is thick enough to protect the phone from normal shocks and scrapes, and even to protect the lens of the camera on the back of the phone, which normally protrudes a few millimeters from the phone's casing. Even so, it does not make the phone ungainly or difficult to fit in a normal pocket.



The holes are accurately cut to allow speakers and microphones to work unimpeded, and the case is easily slipped on and off the phone. It will generally not slip off on its own, although I have had one instance where the top front managed to come free as I jammed the phone into my pants pocket.



There is enough play in the case to allow grit or lint to enter, but if you're vigilant about it, it's very easy to remove once taken off the phone.



Paired with a good screen protector, this case offers peace of mind over a rather expensive phone (more than $500 if purchased outright from Google) at a seriously unbeatable price.

My problem with most cases is they make a small phone turn into a big one -- not the case here. This case keeps the nexus at a small size (of course it gets a little bigger).



It has a very good feel to it, too. I have read some reviews of gaps in the corner/edges -- while this is true, it is not as pronounced of a gap(s) as you may suspect.



Overall, it's a really sleek case and I'm really glad I got it!

This case is the least expensive case for the Nexus One that I've seen. It adequately protects the phone. However, it didn't fit as snugly as it should, and I didn't like how much girth it added. It made the phone look and feel extra thick. If you're willing to spend more for a much nicer case, I highly recommend the BoxWave Google Nexus One Pure Crystal Slip (Smoke Grey) which does a great job of preserving the sleek look of the N1.

This is a good, simple cover. It easily wraps around the Nexus One. I like the texture on the rubber because it doesn't tend to slide around as easily as with my previous hard plastic case. I will say I would like it to fit the phone just a bit more snugly, and it would be nice if the cut out for the headphone jack was a bit bigger. I have quite a few sets of headphones/cables for different applications, I have to take the cover off to use a few of them because the cut out is too small.

This is decent enough case for your nexus one with a couple of caveats:

1. Makes the phone feel really bulky

2. Hides the power button a little bit too much leaving innocent people using your phone wondering how to lock it/turn it off/etc...

3. Taking the case off and on partially is very easy because the case is not very snug on the device. - Nexus One - Nexus - Silicone - Silicone Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information