Friday 30 September 2011

Pocket T-shirt


I am a big man and it is difficult to find t-shirts that fit properly and feel good. Most shirts I have tried in the past have e tendacy to ride up and expose the pot belly we large men usually have, these shirts are long enough to not have that problem. I grade them A+++++. Dickies Men's 2-Pack Short Sleeve Pocket T-Shirts, White, Large

Dickies brand has been a long-time favorite for us. My husband LOVES these T-shirts and rather than traipse from one store to another only "hoping" to find them for him, I ordered them from Amazon.com. These are 99% cotton; seemingly hugely oversized to begin with, but they will shrink ... as with any product made with a high percentage of cotton. After the first washing/drying, these fit my husband perfectly.

As always, service from Amazon was great and the package arrived sooner than expected.

These are basically my favorite shirts on earth. I still have some from ten years ago that hold up great for what they're made for.



But some time in the last few years, Dickies pocket T's (and only the short-sleeved ones as far as I can tell) have become vastly oversized. I have some larges from a couple of years ago that fit me perfectly, as well as some mediums that are now a little too small, so recently I ordered several pairs of large pocket Ts in different colors. They were so huge it was ridiculous, and pre-shrunk so no amount of hot water and dryers would do anything to them (believe me, I tried).



Seriously huge in every dimension: chest, sleeve length, overall length. I could gain 50 pounds and four inches in height and they might fit me right. This was the case with all three packs of shirts, all in different colors, so it wasn't just an isolated mislabeling. I don't know if this is a commentary on the obesity of Americans or a shifting customer base that prefers to dress like gangster toddlers or what. Dickies calls this a "generous fit," but for as much as I love a good cheeseburger, I don't need quite that much generosity. I sent them back for mediums and we'll see how those do.



What's weird is at the same time I bought several other Dickies shirts (button up and long-sleeve pocket Ts) and they fit fine in the appropriate size, just like the old ones did. So watch out with the sizing on the pocket T's and if it's been a few years since you bought them but you know you like them, try a size smaller than what used to work.

I've been buying these tee shirts for years. They are longer than most other brands which I like. I notice now that my old ones---some two years old now---have shrunk some with repeated washings as compared to the new but still fit just fine. You get your moneys worth with Dickies tee shirts.

where i work we have to wear all white and i love the dickies tshirts they wear well for quite a few years well i needed new ones and i could only find 1 in the store i went to a friend of mying told me to try and find them on line im so glad i did they are great thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, agree with others on the oversizing BUT I don't see it as a problem. so many manufacturers are short changing the customer by skimping on fabric quality and size. These shirts will easily outlast most if not all others and they are REALLY pre-shrunk.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information